Sign in to follow this  
Amethyst

System Requirements Lab by Husdawg

Can the SAS staff please explain whether or not there is a problem with System Requirements Lab software by Husdawg? In the past week or 2, I've had various components of this software flagged by SAS and only SAS as being malware. I submitted false positive reports on all of them and asked for some feedback. I have received none. (I think the procedure for reporting false positives through the program interface is terrific, but I would appreciate hearing back from the company, as I have requested. Other companies do provide the customer with the outcome of the false positive report, and I think it is essential that the customer have access to that information.)

Some of the files have since no longer been detected as malware, but we're still down to 2 that are. They scan clean at virustotal.com, except for the SAS scanner.

I have read that in 2008, there was a vulnerability created by System Requirements Lab, but that this has since been patched. Is there further information otherwise?

I think I ended up with this on my system a little over a year ago when I was at the Intel website and allowed it to check for components and drivers that needed updating.

Thanks!

I'm sorry that you've had trouble with SAS.

To help the support staff pinpoint this issue:

Please include the log file that shows the file(s) in question.

Also, if you have links to the installer, etc. that can be reviewed, please also include or attach them to your next post.