riot

portal version not keeping updates

Is it normal that the portal version (which we have licensed for company use) needs to be updated everytime. It does not start keep updates but goes back to starting definitions each time.

Michael

Is it normal that the portal version (which we have licensed for company use) needs to be updated everytime. It does not start keep updates but goes back to starting definitions each time.

Michael

The portable is updated daily with new definitions, so you won't have to update. The portable is designed to simply run and then be done - you don't leave it on the system.

The portable is updated daily with new definitions, so you won't have to update. The portable is designed to simply run and then be done - you don't leave it on the system.

so basically what you are saying is we should download a new portal version from the website on daily bases. I was thinking it could be run from a network drive or usb stick.

For example if I am going to an area without internet access I would run the network drive share version update it than copy over to my usb stick.

What what you are saying is I should simily download a new copy from the website on a daily bases.

Michael

so basically what you are saying is we should download a new portal version from the website on daily bases. I was thinking it could be run from a network drive or usb stick.

For example if I am going to an area without internet access I would run the network drive share version update it than copy over to my usb stick.

What what you are saying is I should simily download a new copy from the website on a daily bases.

Michael

". I was thinking it could be run from a network drive or usb stick. "

It can be; we just recommend you download the latest edition with the latest updates when you are ready to use it on the infected machine(s)