Magic Sam

PC always crashes after SAS scan

My scans using SAS appear to perform as to be expected but when they have finished my PC always crashes and usually cannot even be Ctrl-Alt-Del-shut down. I have (on the advice of the helpline) run the scan in Safe Mode, and uninstalled and reinstalled SAS, to no effect. I am wondering if the cause might be a conflict with other anti-malware, some of which I use on demand and some which I assume is "resident" or leaves some kind of a footprint. I don't really want to uninstall and reinstall everything, resident or not, on the off-chance that it might be responsible. Has anyone reading this experienced similar problems and come up with solutions?

Comodo Firewall, Avast, Spybot, SpywareBlaster are the main suspects but I do run other security programs from time to time when the spirit moves me. I use Windows XP Home and IE8 / Firefox 3.6

My scans using SAS appear to perform as to be expected but when they have finished my PC always crashes and usually cannot even be Ctrl-Alt-Del-shut down. I have (on the advice of the helpline) run the scan in Safe Mode, and uninstalled and reinstalled SAS, to no effect. I am wondering if the cause might be a conflict with other anti-malware, some of which I use on demand and some which I assume is "resident" or leaves some kind of a footprint. I don't really want to uninstall and reinstall everything, resident or not, on the off-chance that it might be responsible. Has anyone reading this experienced similar problems and come up with solutions?

Comodo Firewall, Avast, Spybot, SpywareBlaster are the main suspects but I do run other security programs from time to time when the spirit moves me. I use Windows XP Home and IE8 / Firefox 3.6

Hello,

Please uncheck the Kernel Direct and Direct Disk Access options under the Scanning Control Preferences of SUPERAntiSpyware and try the scan again.

Also you may try exiting completely out of any other security software you are running; though it should be fully compatible.

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Customer Service