Sign in to follow this  
Danc20

Suggestion for SUPERAntiSpyware Portable

Hi, first off I love the software. It finds things that no other scanners find, which is absolutely wonderful to have use of that. Specifically and recently "rogue.pallidium", which was the source of my infrequent (uninstalling Google earth/running Combofix) redirect warnings from WinPatrol. No other program (Combofix, MBAM, Avira, Adaware, Spybot, HiJackThis, online scanners, etc) found this, so I'm really thankful.

I would just like to suggest that flash drive protection be included in SAS's portable scanner. Flash drive's have recently become prone to infection by a new type of malware, which I'm sure you know. Since this is the case, I think it would be a good idea to include protection against these types of malware, especially since if SAS portable is being used on an infected computer then there is a high chance that the infection could contain something that could spread to a flash drive. I've seen one tool that did this (I think created by sUBs), but I'm not sure how it works.

Perhaps you already do this, or it's not as bad I see, I don't really know too much about it, just thought I would throw that out there for the real experts :).

Thanks for listening,

Daniel.

Edit: The program is called Flash Disinfector and is by sUBs. The link for some info on it is here.

Hi, first off I love the software. It finds things that no other scanners find, which is absolutely wonderful to have use of that. Specifically and recently "rogue.pallidium", which was the source of my infrequent (uninstalling Google earth/running Combofix) redirect warnings from WinPatrol. No other program (Combofix, MBAM, Avira, Adaware, Spybot, HiJackThis, online scanners, etc) found this, so I'm really thankful.

I would just like to suggest that flash drive protection be included in SAS's portable scanner. Flash drive's have recently become prone to infection by a new type of malware, which I'm sure you know. Since this is the case, I think it would be a good idea to include protection against these types of malware, especially since if SAS portable is being used on an infected computer then there is a high chance that the infection could contain something that could spread to a flash drive. I've seen one tool that did this (I think created by sUBs), but I'm not sure how it works.

Perhaps you already do this, or it's not as bad I see, I don't really know too much about it, just thought I would throw that out there for the real experts :).

Thanks for listening,

Daniel.

Edit: The program is called Flash Disinfector and is by sUBs. The link for some info on it is here.

Thank you for the suggestion, it will be passed on to the developers