Sign in to follow this  
rtcreator

Unable to update with OS XP

Update: Dec 28 - uninstalled/reinstalled sas, but no joy as the same problem appears. Checking to see what was left behind in the registry.

NOTE: I have been able to do a manual download of the updates, so it's working again, but trying to do it through SAS fails.

No problems for quite some time and now having an error when trying to update with the "free" version. Initial problem was from getting rid of "antivirus software alert"; used Malwarebytes and rkill to get rid of that, but unable to fix the updating problem with Superantispyware.

Ideas?

TYpost-13053-076718700 1293509333_thumb.jpg

I would be interested to know if your other security apps are performing normal updates, such as Windows Updates (the MS Malicious Software Removal Tool for December) and your regular AntiVirus software.

I have used Combofix as a last resort. Also the Kaspersky AV boot scanner.

Wait for a response from the SAS team.

Claude

I would be interested to know if your other security apps are performing normal updates, such as Windows Updates (the MS Malicious Software Removal Tool for December) and your regular AntiVirus software.

I have used Combofix as a last resort. Also the Kaspersky AV boot scanner.

Wait for a response from the SAS team.

Claude

Initially my browser and other apps were changed to work through proxy by the "antivirus software alert" and all had to be changed back, but other than that all is working just fine. I use Fireffox and Opera, Avira Antivirus, Malwarebytes and of course SAS. Firewall is hardware - Buffalo WBMR-G125 ...

I deleted everything I could find in the registry and elsewhere concerning SAS, but no joy getting the automated update to work, so will just wait to hear if there's anything more to be done.

Hi Rt.

If IE has a proxy, uncheck it and see if SAS updates.

Also check if SAS updates via Safe Mode With Networking.

Although I suspect it's the firewall.

Hi Rt.

If IE has a proxy, uncheck it and see if SAS updates.

Also check if SAS updates via Safe Mode With Networking.

Although I suspect it's the firewall.

It worked to make the change in IE; I should have thought of doing that too :( . I did not think that SAS was dependent on IE.

TY

Great!

Anything that access the internet (including alternate browsers), will be affected by a proxy.

I am aware of that, but that the other software was working and not sas after the changes was confusing.