Sign in to follow this  
Astrolopithecus

SAS not stopping viruses!

I have an official purchased version of SAS, update definitions regularly, and run the program automatically upon boot. However, I have gotten two viruses in the past week! I managed to pick up RootKit (TDSS), and Security Shield, in spite of having SAS. SAS didn't prevent the viruses OR remove them; I had to dig around and find other software to do the job, and it wasn't easy! I am quite dissatisfied with the performance this product. What is the deal?

Welcome to the SAS forum.

Please check SAS's Preferences and make sure real time protection is enabled. Also make sure you're using the latest version of SAS.

Like any other antimalware program, SAS is not 100% effective due to the large amount of new infections being created on a daily basis. Also note that SAS compliments an antivirus program, it does not replace one.

Hello

SAS is NO antivirus software, it's Antispyware and antiroot kit!!!

SAS detects a heck of a lot more than spyware and rootkits. In addition it also detects infections which are incorrectly referred to as "viruses".

BTW Astro, was the system showing signs of the two infections? Also, if SAS isn't detecting/removing an infection, you can send a Customer Support Request and the SAS team will run diagnostics on your system and update the definition files accordingly.

I have an official purchased version of SAS, update definitions regularly, and run the program automatically upon boot. However, I have gotten two viruses in the past week! I managed to pick up RootKit (TDSS), and Security Shield, in spite of having SAS. SAS didn't prevent the viruses OR remove them; I had to dig around and find other software to do the job, and it wasn't easy! I am quite dissatisfied with the performance this product. What is the deal?

What specifically was not detected? We are not an anti-virus product and never have claimed to remove viruses - we focus on spyware, malware, adware, trojans , root kits, etc