Sign in to follow this  
bizn92

SAS Free wont open

i have trojan.hiloti on my system, so says malwarebytes, but it didnt remove it. i searched google found this program and downloaded SAS Free and installed but it wont open. i get the icon in the tray but when i right click on it nothing happens. i tried to update it but it never finishes updating. im running windows xp.... any suggestions??

i have trojan.hiloti on my system, so says malwarebytes, but it didnt remove it. i searched google found this program and downloaded SAS Free and installed but it wont open. i get the icon in the tray but when i right click on it nothing happens. i tried to update it but it never finishes updating. im running windows xp.... any suggestions??

Make sure that your software firewall is not blocking any of SuperAntispyware...particularly SSUpdate.exe and Superantispyware.exe. Hopefully you are running XP Service Pack 3, eh?

Also, you could try the Portable version of SAS. See if it will update the definitions. Then perform a Complete Scan while booted into SAFE MODE.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/3566-superantispyware-portable-scanner/