Sign in to follow this  
FlagpoleSitter

I'm not sure if I should consider my computer's security compromised or not.

I'd like to make a major online purchase soon, but I'm not sure if my computer is compromised or not. I'm especially cautious because I don't have a credit card, so I'd have to use my bank account in conjunction with PayPal.

I have Norton 360, SUPERantispyware, and Malwarebytes. I've had Norton for a while, and obtained SAS and MB about a week ago on the advice of others. I've run full system scans with them, updated them, etc. They haven't detected anything in the last couple days; however, when I did my first SAS scan last week it found and quarantined five infected files known as Trojan.Agent/Gen-ReLoader. Anyone familiar with it?

SAS hasn't detected anything other than tracing cookies since it detected and quarintined Trojan.Agent/Gen-ReLoader last week. I'd like to do a scan in safe mode just to be sure I'm not compromised. However, I'm not sure how to do a scan in safe mode. I read something about BootSafe but I can't find it. I read that it was supposed to be something like start menu-> All Programs -> SUPERantispyware folder -> BootSafe, but I don't see BootSafe in the folder.

Thanks for your help.

What files did SAS quarantine when it detected 5 files as /Gen-Reloader?

To scan in SAFE MODE, just reboot your computer into SAFE MODE via tapping on the F8 key at the beginning of the reboot process. Select "Safe Mode" when the boot selection window appears and let your system boot into SAFE MODE. (Note: Be sure to run the SAS updater to get the latest definitions before booting into SAFE MODE.)

Then just start SAS via START>All Programs> and run a complete scan. Might as well scan with MBAM after you complete the SAS scan. Then boot back into normal mode.

What files did SAS quarantine when it detected 5 files as /Gen-Reloader?

To scan in SAFE MODE, just reboot your computer into SAFE MODE via tapping on the F8 key at the beginning of the reboot process. Select "Safe Mode" when the boot selection window appears and let your system boot into SAFE MODE. (Note: Be sure to run the SAS updater to get the latest definitions before booting into SAFE MODE.)

Then just start SAS via START>All Programs> and run a complete scan. Might as well scan with MBAM after you complete the SAS scan. Then boot back into normal mode.

The files:

Trojan.Agent/Gen-ReLoader

C:\DDT\TANDD\PASS.EXE

C:\DDT\TANDD\PASSD.EXE

C:\DDT\TANDD\REMVC.EXE

C:\DDT\TANDD\REMVF.EXE

C:\SOFTBATCH\PASS.EXE

I've heard that Malwarebytes isn't very effective in safe mode because it's designed for use in normal mode.

But if SAS quarintinted them they are no threat, correct?

I'll try to do some scans today.

Correct, they are out of commission and in quarantine....inactive...kaput.

I ran safe mode scans with SAS, MB, and Norton 360. Nothing detected other than some tracing cookies. Should I consider myself clear or should I look into anything else?