rjordan392

Installation problem of SSP

Hello,

I downloaded super antispyware pro right after I ran a utility off the net called Spycar which tests all spyware programs to see how well they are performing. Well I suspect that Spycar must have done something to my computer to change settings and did not restore them as now I cannot install super antispyware pro.

I sent an email to the developers of spycar and explained everything, asking for any imput.

I also sent an email to the developers of Super antispyware for their imput.

While I am awaiting their replies, do the members here have any ideas of what may be the problem?

The installation does not indicate any error that I am used to. During the install process, when I accept the choice to place the software into the Program files on my C drive and then when I click Next, it tells me to go back and pick a path. It keeps on doing this and I cannot go any futher.

?????

The installation does not indicate any error that I am used to. During the install process, when I accept the choice to place the software into the Program files on my C drive and then when I click Next, it tells me to go back and pick a path. It keeps on doing this and I cannot go any futher.

?????

If you change the path will it install?

I cannot change the Drive. But this was placed in the documents folder and when I try to install it to the program files, it does not install. I can try installing it somewhere else. I will see whats available.

Still does not work. I tried three locations. I would advise anyone not to go near that test tool called "SPYCAR". I might have to take my computer in and let a repairman check it out. This is embarassing, because I just got it back from them about 2 weeks ago. I believe the registry is messed up.

Still does not work. I tried three locations. I would advise anyone not to go near that test tool called "SPYCAR". I might have to take my computer in and let a repairman check it out. This is embarassing, because I just got in back from them about 2 weeks ago.

What other security software are you running?

I am running verizon security suite and Spyblaster. Verizon has firewall, virus, antispy as part of the suite. I already tried disabling one then the other and then both to see if it would work, no dice.

To Nick and All,

I found the problem. The error on the install: "Click the back button to re-enter the installation information" was wrong. I am used to following instructions on installs and it never occured to me to ignore them when installing software. So I just clicked the "Next" button and the installation proceeded. So there's a minor glitch in my system that allows this error to tell me to go back. Now the downloaded program is working fine.

To Nick and All,

I found the problem. The error on the install: "Click the back button to re-enter the installation information" was wrong. I am used to following instructions on installs and it never occured to me to ignore them when installing software. So I just clicked the "Next" button and the installation proceeded. So there's a minor glitch in my system that allows this error to tell me to go back. Now the downloaded program is working fine.

Thanks for the update and I am glad things are working for you now!