Sign in to follow this  
GarzMan

Suggestion: Auto-update in Windows Vista/7

I don't know if there is a solution to this, or a topic I'm missing, but I did do a search on the forums and I haven't seen this so here we go.

If the notification window pops up, or if I select update from the program itself when there's a program update available, I get told that I need to be running the program in an Administrative account. This occurs no matter what I do. I've tried closing the program totally, then right-clicking and running SUPERAntiSpyware as Administrator. I've tried starting it in an Administrative account. I've tried simply clicking the "Update Now" option. None of this works.

If there's a fix for this please let me know. Otherwise, my suggestion is to fix it. I don't care if you need to trigger a UAC prompt or what, but it's somewhat annoying that the program update option in the program itself will not work. Whenever an update is available, I groan because I know I'll have to download and install it manually.

I don't know if there is a solution to this, or a topic I'm missing, but I did do a search on the forums and I haven't seen this so here we go.

If the notification window pops up, or if I select update from the program itself when there's a program update available, I get told that I need to be running the program in an Administrative account. This occurs no matter what I do. I've tried closing the program totally, then right-clicking and running SUPERAntiSpyware as Administrator. I've tried starting it in an Administrative account. I've tried simply clicking the "Update Now" option. None of this works.

If there's a fix for this please let me know. Otherwise, my suggestion is to fix it. I don't care if you need to trigger a UAC prompt or what, but it's somewhat annoying that the program update option in the program itself will not work. Whenever an update is available, I groan because I know I'll have to download and install it manually.

Welcome to the SAS forum GarzMan.

Running SAS as an Admin normally solves that issue. Try this:

Uninstall with this tool (note the 32 Bit and 64 Bit version) https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=47

Download from www.superantispyware.com, right click on the install icon, and choose Run As Administrator.