Sign in to follow this  
JohnD

SAS Pro will not update

I noticed SAS Pro was not updating the signatures (last was 12/10 and it is currently 12/16). I also noticed that there was a program update. I ran the uninstall program and then updated to 4.47.1000. It seemed to go OK, but SAS Pro didn't load the latest signatures. Therefore, I tried clicking the Update now button and a warning screen pops up that there was a problem connecting and to check my firewall. Checked firewall and SAS was not blocked. So, I disabled the firewall and still got the warning. So, I closed SAS pro and started SAS Pro with the alternate start link. Doing this, the SAS Pro updated OK. I closed SAS Pro, opened SAS Pro with regular link and it is still at 12/10 and will not update (same firewall message).

Note: I am running Win 7 x64 and logged in as a normal (non-admin) user. I have been using SAS Pro for almost a year with same setup with no issues.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi John.

The following is a solution for users with similar issues. The procedure works on Vista with a standard account, so it should work on Win 7:

- Close down SAS from your Notification Area.

- Navigate to the SAS folder from your program list.

- Open the SAS folder, right click on SuperAntiSpyware Professional (or Free Edition), and choose, "Run As Administrator".

- When SAS opens, right click on its "bug icon", and choose Check For Updates.

Did SAS update?

Yes, that worked. But, when I closed SAS (run as admin) and reopened in regular mode, I have the same issue. Note, I think this could be an issue with the internet connection and SAS. Is there anyway I could check the connection options or reset them in Win 7?

Thanks

As a further test, I added a new non-admin account. SAS Pro upgrades fine in this one. Therefore, it is definitely something screwed up in my account, anyone have any idea what I should check?

Thanks