Byte_King

What is this?

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum! I've been using SAS for over a year now and never had an issue with it, very good program. Over the last month, however, SAS has detected a piece of spyware, asks for a reboot to finish removal, but when I reboot the spyware is still there. I have no idea how to remove such a piece of spyware. What is this? How can I resolve this issue? I've included a screen capture of SAS showing and removing the threat.

post-12961-063531000 1292270512_thumb.png

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum! I've been using SAS for over a year now and never had an issue with it, very good program. Over the last month, however, SAS has detected a piece of spyware, asks for a reboot to finish removal, but when I reboot the spyware is still there. I have no idea how to remove such a piece of spyware. What is this? How can I resolve this issue? I've included a screen capture of SAS showing and removing the threat.

Please post the latest scan log here for review.

The log will open in Notepad. Just copy and paste it here. If it's too big, copy the first half, paste it, then do the same for the other half.

I have the same problem. Not removing items discovered during the scan. Next time I scan, same items are there.

ALSO: When I try to update, it says that I am not administrator. I am only user on this computer. What do I do to become administrator?

I have the same problem. Not removing items discovered during the scan. Next time I scan, same items are there.

ALSO: When I try to update, it says that I am not administrator. I am only user on this computer. What do I do to become administrator?

Welcome to the SAS forum Arnoldsimon.

- Close down SAS from your Notification Area.

- Navigate to the SAS folder from your program list.

- Open the SAS folder, right click on SuperAntiSpyware Professional (or Free Edition), and choose, "Run As Administrator".

- When SAS opens, right click on its "bug icon", choose Check For Updates and SAS should update.

- Run a scan and remove any items found. Following the restart, run a scan again.

- If the scan still shows items not being removed, then start a new thread and post the scan log.

Hello everyone,

after checking the Windows registry I have figured it out to be a false positive between SAS and ProcessExplorer. Thanks for your help :)