thomast77

Sample submission

I just installed super anti spyware today. I received a message a little while ago it says:

"important: you have unrecognized files on your system. many times these files can contain spyware. would you like to submit these to our research center to analyze?".

It did not say anywhere in the message or title bar that this message was from Super anti spyware. So I am writing to get some clarification. Is this the message that comes up when Super anti spyware finds suspicious files and wants to send them to the research center? I don't know if I am the first person to ask this but I am paranoid. And I know some sites may try to trick you into clicking ok. You may want to add your name to the title bar or something so I know who it is. Also if I allow your program to send these files do I get a confirmation if anything was found or not?

Thank You and Best Regards

Thomas

I just installed super anti spyware today. I received a message a little while ago it says:

"important: you have unrecognized files on your system. many times these files can contain spyware. would you like to submit these to our research center to analyze?".

It did not say anywhere in the message or title bar that this message was from Super anti spyware. So I am writing to get some clarification. Is this the message that comes up when Super anti spyware finds suspicious files and wants to send them to the research center? I don't know if I am the first person to ask this but I am paranoid. And I know some sites may try to trick you into clicking ok. You may want to add your name to the title bar or something so I know who it is. Also if I allow your program to send these files do I get a confirmation if anything was found or not?

Thank You and Best Regards

Thomas

I've never encountered this message from SAS PRO. However, that does not mean that it is not coming out of SAS. Have you run a COMPLETE scan of your system with SAS? If so, what does it report? Please post the scan log results back here. The scan log is found on the Logs/Statistics tab under Preferences. Just copy/paste the scan report back here on your next post.

You wouldn't happen to have Comodo Internet Security on your system, would you? If so, that message is probably coming from it. See

http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-155-1113-Unrecognized-Files.html

The log does not say a thing about it. I don't have Comodo. I use AVG. I did run the scan "Find Out What's Running On Your Computer". I think what threw me off is the pop-up was hidden under everything on my desktop. I did not see it until I was shutting down the computer for the night. Also I don't know if the coders for SuperAntiSpyware reasd these forums or not. I would like to suggest that they tell you what files they are interested in. I don't want to send them any personal files. Maybe even some check boxes next to each file so you can choose which files they can have.