Sign in to follow this  
Intelics

Very disappointed

Hi,

I read about this software on bleeping-computer.com. I'm a computer tech who does onsite repairs, including virus removal. I've been using combofix for over a year now for removal, and started using the free version of SAS on my home computer. I then recommended the program to two of my home users, and they both bought the pro version at my recommendation, so that they could have the scheduler and realtime scanning.

Both of their computers were cleaned thoroughly before installing the program, and I have been back to both customers at least twice to help them deal with false virus scanners they picked up off the web while running SAS.

I'm very disappointed with this product, and I am in a position ethically where I feel I have to pay for alternate Internet security programs for them.

I'm not trying to stir anything, I just wanted you to know how I felt.

Hi,

I read about this software on bleeping-computer.com. I'm a computer tech who does onsite repairs, including virus removal. I've been using combofix for over a year now for removal, and started using the free version of SAS on my home computer. I then recommended the program to two of my home users, and they both bought the pro version at my recommendation, so that they could have the scheduler and realtime scanning.

Both of their computers were cleaned thoroughly before installing the program, and I have been back to both customers at least twice to help them deal with false virus scanners they picked up off the web while running SAS.

I'm very disappointed with this product, and I am in a position ethically where I feel I have to pay for alternate Internet security programs for them.

I'm not trying to stir anything, I just wanted you to know how I felt.

I am glad you posted and it's ok to ask us why something was missed - simple answer - no single solution can (or ever will) be able to detect everything on a given day.

When these customers had the problem (you claim you had to "go back twice" for each of them), did you know you can contact us so we can run a diagnostic and see what was missed? (You can do this anytime!) That's a service we offer our resellers and customers.

Are these customers running an anti-virus product as well? SUPERAntiSpyware is NOT a replacement for an anti-virus solution - you need both - anti-virus and anti-spyware. You do realize that if you "pay for another solution for your customer" that guarantees nothing, right?

What version of the product and definitions are these customers running? Was real-time protect enabled?