mr_fix_it

Hijacked Internet Explorer

Hello,

I want to tell you that I'm impressed with your product and I plan to purchase the professional edition. The Superantispyware free edition fixed my machine from most of the viruses that was on it. I only have one remaining issue that I need your help with because Superantispyware was not able to resolve this one.

My Internet Explorer is able to connect to the network but sometimes when I go to a web site something takes me to another website. It hiijacks my browser. I noticed in one of your earlier discussions with a member that had the same problem that you instructed them to run combo_fix on their machine and this resolved their issues. Have you all added this fix into your product? I really would like to get this issue resolved.

Thank you

Welcome to the SAS forum.

If you submit a Customer Support Request, the SAS team can run diagnostics on the computer and assist you further:

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

I have submitted this request several weeks ago. Does the Professional edition of superantispyware contain this browser redirection fix. How many machines can I load the professional editon on?

Thank you

I have submitted this request several weeks ago. Does the Professional edition of superantispyware contain this browser redirection fix. How many machines can I load the professional editon on?

Thank you

The scanning detection and removal logic in SAS PRO is the same as SAS Free. SAS requires one unique license per computer. However, I suspect that you can get a volume discount. :wink:

Hello,

I want to tell you that I'm impressed with your product and I plan to purchase the professional edition. The Superantispyware free edition fixed my machine from most of the viruses that was on it. I only have one remaining issue that I need your help with because Superantispyware was not able to resolve this one.

My Internet Explorer is able to connect to the network but sometimes when I go to a web site something takes me to another website. It hiijacks my browser. I noticed in one of your earlier discussions with a member that had the same problem that you instructed them to run combo_fix on their machine and this resolved their issues. Have you all added this fix into your product? I really would like to get this issue resolved.

Thank you

I used the combofix and that fixed the problem even though superantispyware did not in this case. I did not go further with superantispyware only because this was an old computer and the client decided to get a new one. He gave me the old one once he got the new one and i played around with it figuring that if i could not fix it and it died I would use the hardware for scraps that i would need.

Combofix fixed the hijacking ie problem but it does come with problems

You MUST read all the documentation that comes with it and i would use it only as a very last resort. Allow the techs at Superantispyware to see if they can figure out how to stop this hijacking first. If they cannot, then try Combofix

It can wipe out certain system files and if you are on a laptop it could break your wireless connection

so go with caution using combofix

robin

You can also try TDSSKiller from Kaspersky. The TDSS rootkit has similar symptoms and the scan only takes a minute or so. If it finds something and fixes the problem then you don't have to worry about using combofix. Here is a link to download the exe for TDSSKiller. This is the link for the instructions if you'd like them.

ok,

I will try the tdsskiller from Kaspersky first. Thank you!

ok,

I will try the tdsskiller from Kaspersky first. Thank you!

The TDSSKiller.exe from Kaspersky worked great! This was the last symptom that I needed to resolve.

I have purchased the professional version of Superantispyware and I'm also running malwarebytes on my machine now,

so hopefully I won't have these issues again. Thanks everyone for your help!

You can also try TDSSKiller from Kaspersky. The TDSS rootkit has similar symptoms and the scan only takes a minute or so. If it finds something and fixes the problem then you don't have to worry about using combofix. Here is a link to download the exe for TDSSKiller. This is the link for the instructions if you'd like them.

The point of the CSR was so SAS could analyze the infection and alter the definition files accordingly. That way, all SAS users would benefit :-)