Sign in to follow this  
jwsrcp

Why Doesn't SAS Block Adware:Tracking Cookies?

I have a Lifetime Subscription to SAS, and have the current version. Every time I run an SAS scan, it finds Adware:Tracking Cookies, and I have to delete them. Isn't the paid version supposed to stop Tracking Cookies? I checked my settings, and they seem to be correct. Thanks.

I have a Lifetime Subscription to SAS, and have the current version. Every time I run an SAS scan, it finds Adware:Tracking Cookies, and I have to delete them. Isn't the paid version supposed to stop Tracking Cookies? I checked my settings, and they seem to be correct. Thanks.

Hello,

Cookies are NOT harmful to your computer. We do not block them in real-time as it is a waste of system resources.

Cookies are simply text files stored on your hard drive and cannot themselves harm your computer in any way. Typically cookies are used to remember logins and keep track of user settings on web-sites.

Cookies can be used to track your movement on the Internet ONLY if a site is aware of the cookies and is designed to use the specific cookies. Because of their use in tracking, many feel that this constitutes spyware.

We do not consider cookies to be threats of anywhere near the same level of severity as actual malware threats that can steal real personal information, serve ads, or render a computer unusable.

SUPERAntiSpyware will detect tracking cookies as "Adware.Tracking Cookies" and you can choose to remove them or leave them on your system. You may turn off this feature in the Preferences -> Scanning Control tab of SUPERAntiSpyware should you not wish cookies to be scanned, detected and removed.

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Customer Service

jwsrcp;

If you're using the Firefox Browser you can configure it to delete all the cookies at shutdown.

You can use the free CCleaner from Piriform to save the cookies that you do not want removed in the cookie safe in CCleaner.

Try it,

If you want more controls then you can get the free tool LastPass and use it to keep all logons and passwords and it is safe to use.

There is more than one way to skin the cat as referred to cookies.

jwsrcp;

If you're using the Firefox Browser you can configure it to delete all the cookies at shutdown.

You can use the free CCleaner from Piriform to save the cookies that you do not want removed in the cookie safe in CCleaner.

Try it,

If you want more controls then you can get the free tool LastPass and use it to keep all logons and passwords and it is safe to use.

There is more than one way to skin the cat as referred to cookies.

Thanks.....I use Chrome, however, I also use an extension that deletes all cookies when I close Chrome (called Click & Clean), and I also use CCleaner. Even after using those, SAS finds Tracking Cookies

Thanks.....I use Chrome, however, I also use an extension that deletes all cookies when I close Chrome (called Click & Clean), and I also use CCleaner. Even after using those, SAS finds Tracking Cookies

They arent harming you; just so you know. Also please note that many programs use cookies on your computer; they are also used to remember passwords for websites etc etc.