daKlone

New, strangely named .com?

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone is aware of a new (appeared on my system yesterday) strangely named .com (MSDOS program) that might be part of SUPERAntiSpyware?

It's name is in the format LNLNLNLN-LNLN-NLNL-NNLN-NNNNNNNLNLNN (L=letter, N=number).

I'd like to know if it is a proper part of the program or something I should be worried about.

Thanks,

dK

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone is aware of a new (appeared on my system yesterday) strangely named .com (MSDOS program) that might be part of SUPERAntiSpyware?

It's name is in the format LNLNLNLN-LNLN-NLNL-NNLN-NNNNNNNLNLNN (L=letter, N=number).

I'd like to know if it is a proper part of the program or something I should be worried about.

Thanks,

dK

Did you start SAS via the SuperAntiSpyware Alternate Start icon? This causes SAS to create a random name so that it will not be recognized by malware. What version of SAS are you running and what is your Windows Operating System and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Did you start SAS via the SuperAntiSpyware Alternate Start icon? This causes SAS to create a random name so that it will not be recognized by malware. What version of SAS are you running and what is your Windows Operating System and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hey Siliconman,

Good call, I do remember starting the program from the Alternative Start icon. Running SAS 4.45.1000 on WinXP SP3 32-bit.

Thanks,

dK

You can just delete that "strange .com" file. A new one is created on each Alternate Start use.

Will CCleaner remove it?

No, I doubt it because it is not classified as a temp file and is not included in the filekeys for SuperAntiSpyware in winapp2.ini.

Ok,

I guess it will have to stay there because when I read your reply to the OP,

I just had to try the Alternate Start for myself and it is a very Good Feature that he included in his Application.

That was a Smart Move,Tom.

It launched and apparently closed the one that runs at Start-up on my machine here.

So,I studied it for a while.

He should call it,

" Stealth Mode Start-up "..

:-P