Sign in to follow this  
jgt1942

SAS feature request to schedule scan

Hopefully with v5 you can add the function to schedule scans. I've reviewed my logs and there does not seem to be any pattern as to when SAS performs a scan. Some of my systems are older systems and when the scan kick in the performance hit is very noticeable. I would much prefer to schedule the scans to take place when I'm most likely not using the system.

Hi jgt.

If the scheduled scan time occurs when the system is in Hibernate, Standby, or Sleep mode, the scan will initiate upon awakening the computer. That is not true if the system is shut down during the scheduled scan time.

Also make sure "Do not scan when SuperAntiSpyware Starts" (General and Startup tab) is unchecked.

Hopefully with v5 you can add the function to schedule scans. I've reviewed my logs and there does not seem to be any pattern as to when SAS performs a scan. Some of my systems are older systems and when the scan kick in the performance hit is very noticeable. I would much prefer to schedule the scans to take place when I'm most likely not using the system.

The new scheduler uses the windows scheduler, so you can set it up anyway you wish :)