twl845

Saskutil driver

Hi, On boot up I received a driver called Saskutil looking to be OK'd by my firewall. I did a Google search and it says it's a SAS driver. Would SAS be sending me an update to a driver called Saskutil? Coincidentally SAS has been slow to shut down for a while giving me a dialog box asking me if I want to end.

Hi, On boot up I received a driver called Saskutil looking to be OK'd by my firewall. I did a Google search and it says it's a SAS driver. Would SAS be sending me an update to a driver called Saskutil? Coincidentally SAS has been slow to shut down for a while giving me a dialog box asking me if I want to end.

You need to provide permission through your firewall for the SASKUtil driver. It is probably checking for license validity and other update verifications. The impending V5.0 of SAS addresses resource useage and speed which hopefully will resolve the shutdown issue. It has been an issue for quite some time on many computers, particularly those with smaller RAMs and slower CPUs.

You need to provide permission through your firewall for the SASKUtil driver. It is probably checking for license validity and other update verifications. The impending V5.0 of SAS addresses resource useage and speed which hopefully will resolve the shutdown issue. It has been an issue for quite some time on many computers, particularly those with smaller RAMs and slower CPUs.

Siliconman01 - Thanks for the response. As soon as I learned that the driver was from SAS I gave it permission through my FW. I kind of suspected it was for some of the reasons you gave. Thanks for the reassurance. :-)