Sign in to follow this  
Ol'Bud

Is SAS conflicting with SpywareBlaster v.4.4?

I had some items that were enabled in protections, disabled in Firefox v.3.6.12,

Then one of the updates just today made a difference and the items were not being disabled.

Just a bit ago I checked and they were disabled again after an update from SAS.

SAS 4.45.1000 core 5831 trace 3643 current.

SpywareBlaster 4.4 13,946 items in database.

I had some items that were enabled in protections, disabled in Firefox v.3.6.12,

Then one of the updates just today made a difference and the items were not being disabled.

Just a bit ago I checked and they were disabled again after an update from SAS.

SAS 4.45.1000 core 5831 trace 3643 current.

SpywareBlaster 4.4 13,946 items in database.

I don't think there is any component of SAS that messes with any part of the SpywareBlaster V4.4 protection.

I don't think there is any component of SAS that messes with any part of the SpywareBlaster V4.4 protection.

Thank you,

something sure is on this machine,

And I can't find anything with scans...????

Maybe contact SPYWARE blaster about that issue; there are no compatibility issues on our end.

I'm beginning to believe it is related to the browser plug in for Firefox called NoScript and I don't even know why I'm feeling it is.

I'm beginning to believe it is related to the browser plug in for Firefox called NoScript and I don't even know why I'm feeling it is.

This isn't much help, but I'm running SAS Free 4.45.1000, SpywareBlaster 4.4, Firefox 3.6.12 and NoScript 2.0.4 and I'm not experiencing the problem you describe, although I get 1 item in the SpywareBlaster 'Restricted Sites' section disabled sometimes, but I think this is due to an issue with Spybot.

I've not been aware of any problem on my PC involving SAS, SpywareBlaster, Firefox and NoScript and I hope you're able to get this sorted soon.

This isn't much help, but I'm running SAS Free 4.45.1000, SpywareBlaster 4.4, Firefox 3.6.12 and NoScript 2.0.4 and I'm not experiencing the problem you describe, although I get 1 item in the SpywareBlaster 'Restricted Sites' section disabled sometimes, but I think this is due to an issue with Spybot.

I've not been aware of any problem on my PC involving SAS, SpywareBlaster, Firefox and NoScript and I hope you're able to get this sorted soon.

OK,Madelin,

I came back to post the issue is resolved.

When you check in Firefox> Tools> options> privacy> and you select in Settings for what to clear when Firefox closes;

The one item "site preferences" that will cause the issue.

Deselect that item and it fixes it.

OK,Madelin,

I came back to post the issue is resolved.

When you check in Firefox> Tools> options> privacy> and you select in Settings for what to clear when Firefox closes;

The one item "site preferences" that will cause the issue.

Deselect that item and it fixes it.

Thanks for the info Ol'Bud. I had a look where you said and "site preferences" was already deselected which is probably why I didn't have that issue! I'll make sure it stays that way too thanks to your advice.