ned4spd8874

DOS version?

I bought a technician's license for me to use in our company so that we can run a scan if a system has been compromised. However, it wasn't what I thought it was I guess. I booted a computer to a DOS prompt, much like I would if I was trying to recover using many other methods (such as the recovery console, boot cd's, etc); but the portable version won't run that way. Am I correct in understanding that the only way to run the portable version is through a Windows environment? If so, how does that help me?

I bought a technician's license for me to use in our company so that we can run a scan if a system has been compromised. However, it wasn't what I thought it was I guess. I booted a computer to a DOS prompt, much like I would if I was trying to recover using many other methods (such as the recovery console, boot cd's, etc); but the portable version won't run that way. Am I correct in understanding that the only way to run the portable version is through a Windows environment? If so, how does that help me?

[/quote

Yes, that is correct - it helps because malware blocks other tools and the portable requires no installation and is pre packaged daily with new definitions. Many times an Internet connection is not available so there is no way to update. If you want a refund we can certainly issue one - remember you do need a license to run SAS in a business environment.

Yes, that is correct - it helps because malware blocks other tools and the portable requires no installation and is pre packaged daily with new definitions. Many times an Internet connection is not available so there is no way to update. If you want a refund we can certainly issue one - remember you do need a license to run SAS in a business environment.

Thanks. No, I don't want a refund. I love SAS, it's saved my @$$ many times! I will continue to support it.

I was just hoping the portable would be a version that I could throw on a bootable usb to clean a system outside of the Windows environment.