Sign in to follow this  
raiden1701

SAP is causing XP to not boot

Lately when I've run SAS on my PC or other peoples PCs, it will cause the PC's (all XP systems) to either not boot or cause the internet to loose connectivity. I can usually boot in Safe Mode and when I restore the quarantined objects the PC's will go back to booting properly and the internet will be restored (but then the spyware is back). When I run Malwarebytes AntiMalware it will remove the spyware and everything will boot and run properly. But I like SAS and I always use it first. So what's going on with SAS?

Lately when I've run SAS on my PC or other peoples PCs, it will cause the PC's (all XP systems) to either not boot or cause the internet to loose connectivity. I can usually boot in Safe Mode and when I restore the quarantined objects the PC's will go back to booting properly and the internet will be restored (but then the spyware is back). When I run Malwarebytes AntiMalware it will remove the spyware and everything will boot and run properly. But I like SAS and I always use it first. So what's going on with SAS?

Hi raiden.

There hasn't been any other reports to the degree that you claim.

Like any other antimalware forum, you'll occasionally see a post that " X antimalware program removed something and now my computer won't boot". Your post is the first I've seen that claims it's occurring on your computer and others that you run SAS on.

Are the PC's running the latest version of SAS?

Are you referring to the Free or Pro Version?

Please post a SAS scan log that reflects the issue you presented.

You're welcome.

If you have any further further questions, please feel free to ask:)

I'm having the same issue,I ran Sas portable last night and the computer loops when I reboot it.

It goes to the choose a boot method, safe mode, last known good config, normal etc...I left it alone and did not try safe mode yet..wanted to do a little reading before I did so.

Any input is really appreciated.

Thank You !

Hi Louisiana.

From that boot menu, try Last Known Good Configuration. If that doesn't work, try Safe Mode, and we'll go from there.

Also post the version of Windows you're using, and if you have an operating system cd/dvd.

Hey thanks for the quick response.

I went into safe mode and I can get in. I rebooted and blue screened and looped back to the boot options.

I did a system restore and it goes into windows.

The bug I'm trying to get out is "Security Center" and "Internet Anti 2010 Pro" <--- this one I can remove. The "Security Center" is still there.

Should I try the regular Sas?

Thanks again !

Louisiana

Hey thanks for the quick response.

I went into safe mode and I can get in. I rebooted and blue screened and looped back to the boot options.

I did a system restore and it goes into windows.

The bug I'm trying to get out is "Security Center" and "Internet Anti 2010 Pro" <--- this one I can remove. The "Security Center" is still there.

Should I try the regular Sas?

Thanks again !

Louisiana

You're welcome.

1) Please download the SAS free version from www.superantispyware.com

2) Update SAS and run a complete scan. When the scan completes, don't remove whatever SAS finds.

3) Post the SAS scan log from #2. Preferences-->Statistics/Logs.