kell

!SASWINLO.DLL

I've been periodically experiencing a small start up problem on my XP System.I used WinPatrol this a.m. to have a look at the Startup list. At the top is !SASWINLO.DLL. What does it do, and why is it set to run at start up? I have the preferences box, Start SUPERAntiSpyware When Windows Starts, UNchecked.

Thanks.

I've been periodically experiencing a small start up problem on my XP System.I used WinPatrol this a.m. to have a look at the Startup list. At the top is !SASWINLO.DLL. What does it do, and why is it set to run at start up? I have the preferences box, Start SUPERAntiSpyware When Windows Starts, UNchecked.

Thanks.

!SASWINLO.DLL is a service that needs to be started up when the system is booted up even though SAS is not started on reboot. Its footprint is quite small and should not result in any system degrading. What is the "small start up problem" that you are experiencing? Are error messages being displayed and if so what do the messages say?

!SASWINLO.DLL is a service that needs to be started up when the system is booted up even though SAS is not started on reboot. Its footprint is quite small and should not result in any system degrading. What is the "small start up problem" that you are experiencing? Are error messages being displayed and if so what do the messages say?

Thanks for answering.

The small start up problem is that recently one of my drives (and external hard one :)) isn't recognized for quite a while after the system boots. I'm not sure how long "quite a while", is but my backup app is set to delay starting for three minutes. Then, when it tries to run an automatic backup, it reports that the K Drive couldn't be found. If I wait, eventually, USB Safely Removes, reports that the drive is connected. Sometimes, in between these events, AutoPlay starts running. Weird.

But, I guess the issue is NOT !SASWINLO.DLL. Thanks again for your help.

Ensure that you have the latest version 4.45.1000 of SAS. As a test, you could uninstall SAS and see if the problem goes away.

In case you dont know how to uninstall (Not you silicon man :P)

Here are some instructions; (please give it a shot and tell us if that solves the issue)

Please reinstall the software using the tools below.

Please follow this link to uninstall: (Please do NOT use the Control Panel method, the solution will not work correctly)

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

Follow this link to install:

https://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Register and update product, Reboot and then run a Full Scan.

Regards,

OK. All updated. BUT I don't know what running a scan will accomplish. (I seriously doubt it's a bug, just a glitch.) Anyway, I will run the scan as suggested but will have to do it later.

Thanks.

Hi Kell.

Are you saying that both an internal secondary drive and the external drive take a while to be recognized?

I'm also finding it curious as to why the external has been assigned as "K".

As a test, boot into Safe Mode and see if the drive(s) are recognized immediately....I'm suspecting that back up program may be a likely cause.