jgt1942

automatically apply updates

I'm running SAS Pro 4.45.1000 - I see an option to check for updates but I don't see an option to automatically apply the updates. I want SAS to automatically check for updates and if there is an update I want it automatically applied without prompting me. Is there such an option?

I'm running SAS Pro 4.45.1000 - I see an option to check for updates but I don't see an option to automatically apply the updates. I want SAS to automatically check for updates and if there is an update I want it automatically applied without prompting me. Is there such an option?

At Preferences>Updates tab, there is an option to check for updates every 8 hours and also when SAS Pro starts up. This will automatically apply the updates of the core/trace definitions. The SAS gurus are enhancing this in the impending V5.0 that is supposed to be released prior to the end of 2010 (pre-release testing has not yet started, however).

Yes I saw and I use the current option to check for updates. It is the enhancement in v5 that I desire. I look forward to the enhancement, later this year (hopefully)!!! :rolleyes:

You shouldn't be prompted for definition file updates. Only version updates currently require user intervention.

At this time I'm not sure what I'm getting prompted for but I don't want any prompts, e.g. I want SAS to apply any and all updates without my intervention. I realize this is not a feature in the current version but I hope that it is in the next update.