Sign in to follow this  
kirk

reboot after scans

I have SuperAntispyware on a number of pc's

I noticed that sometimes or on some Pc's I have to reboot after scans and other times I do not.

Should I have to reboot after every scan or is this just when it finds malware etc. ?

I'm using the free version

No, you should not have to reboot after a scan if nothing malicious is found during the scan.

I suspect your SAS is finding tracking cookies that it needs to get rid of. If the tracking cookie is busy whenever you tell SAS to remove them, SAS cannot remove the busy cookies and requests a reboot to complete the removal.

Some other types of infections will also require a reboot to completely remove them.

You should be seeing a window showing that infections or tracking cookies are found during a manually initiated scan. And they are reported in your scan logs.

No, you should not have to reboot after a scan if nothing malicious is found during the scan.

I suspect your SAS is finding tracking cookies that it needs to get rid of. If the tracking cookie is busy whenever you tell SAS to remove them, SAS cannot remove the busy cookies and requests a reboot to complete the removal.

Some other types of infections will also require a reboot to completely remove them.

You should be seeing a window showing that infections or tracking cookies are found during a manually initiated scan. And they are reported in your scan logs.

Thanks I'm glad to hear that I thought since it wasn't requiring a reboot that my system was infected