patches777

SuperAntiSpyware Professional Stope responding

Hi, I'm aNewbie to this forum, but I just downloaded the SuperAntiSpyware Professional edition yesterday to clean my laptop, but it stops responding after it gets about two thirds through the scanning process and I have to close the program I have Windows 2000 Pro on the computer. I tried running it in safe mode, same problem. Thanks for your help.

Hi, I'm aNewbie to this forum, but I just downloaded the SuperAntiSpyware Professional edition yesterday to clean my laptop, but it stops responding after it gets about two thirds through the scanning process and I have to close the program I have Windows 2000 Pro on the computer. I tried running it in safe mode, same problem. Thanks for your help.

Did you change any of the default scanning options?

Hi!

Thanks for the comeback. Yes I did ONLY after I ran the program three times and it locked up each time, I then tried doing only the memory scan, then the registry scan, file scan etc. NO LUCK. Thanks for your help

Patches777

Hi!

Thanks for the comeback. Yes I did ONLY after I ran the program three times and it locked up each time, I then tried doing only the memory scan, then the registry scan, file scan etc. NO LUCK. Thanks for your help

Patches777

If you do just a memory scan it locks up? What other security software are you running?

Hi!

I'm using Avast and Zone Alarm. I also run SpyBot and AdAware. Thanks

Betty

Does it lock up when doing just a memory scan? If you disable zone alarm and avast (as a test) does it still crash? What is the error when it crashes? How long have you let it sit when you see the "lock up"?

Hi Again;

I did run it in safe mode and the same thing. I just tried to run it again after I ran Avast & it corrected (put in the chest) some Trojans. I just tried to run SuperAntispyware again and it gets to the file scanning portion and indicates that the number of files scanned is 0 but the detected problems is up to 12, 600 all adware IPWins? I had to shut it down again, maybel I should just uninstall the program and re-install it & see what happens?? What do you think. Thanks again.

Patches

Hi Again;

I did run it in safe mode and the same thing. I just tried to run it again after I ran Avast & it corrected (put in the chest) some Trojans. I just tried to run SuperAntispyware again and it gets to the file scanning portion and indicates that the number of files scanned is 0 but the detected problems is up to 12, 600 all adware IPWins? I had to shut it down again, maybel I should just uninstall the program and re-install it & see what happens?? What do you think. Thanks again.

Patches

It sounds as if something is not right - I would try the uninstall and re-install.