jwsrcp

Problem Updating SuperAntiSpyware Pro

I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I'm logged in as administrator. I have SuperAntiSpware Pro, and a box came up in the right bottom corner of my desktop that there was an update to the program. I clicked to download and install it, and it said that I must be the Administrator to do that.

So, I opened the program as Administrator. I clicked on updates, and the box appeared again. I tried to download and install the program update, but it said the main menu had to be closed first. So I closed it, tried to download and install it, and again it said that I had to be the Administrator to do it.

I went to Properties under the program, and it seems that I have full privileges. Does anyone know why I cannot download and install the update?

"Edit" I added an attachment showing no "Special permissions." Could that be the problem? Tried to give it but cannot figure out how.

post-10639-068681200 1288242266_thumb.png

1. Close down SAS PRO completely.

2. Go to START>ALL PROGRAMS>SuperAntiSpyware and right click on SuperAntiSpyware Professional. Select "Run as Administrator" to restart SAS PRO.

3. Using the right click menu on the SAS icon in the Notification Tray, select "Check for Updates" and see if you can now update the program.

If that does not work, just uninstall SAS PRO via Control Panel>Programs and Features. Then download/install V4.45.1000 of SAS Professional from www.superantispyware.com. Obviously you will need to set up your preferences again once you get SAS PRO re-installed.

1. Close down SAS PRO completely.

2. Go to START>ALL PROGRAMS>SuperAntiSpyware and right click on SuperAntiSpyware Professional. Select "Run as Administrator" to restart SAS PRO.

3. Using the right click menu on the SAS icon in the Notification Tray, select "Check for Updates" and see if you can now update the program.

If that does not work, just uninstall SAS PRO via Control Panel>Programs and Features. Then download/install V4.45.1000 of SAS Professional from www.superantispyware.com. Obviously you will need to set up your preferences again once you get SAS PRO re-installed.

Thank you siliconman01....1., 2., and 3. worked

I have the same problem as jwsrcp.

I am running the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit version.

I have uninstalled SeperAntiSpyware using the downloaded unstaller from the web site, reinstalled the latest version of SAS downloaded from the website, and set the parameters to "run as administrator." Everything is fine until I reboot my computer. When SAS reinstalls on bootup, it does not reinstall as administrator, so I get the "run as administrator" prompt when I try to download updates.

I have posed this problem to SAS support, and have not received any solution. I have suggested to them that someone write a autoexec.bat file with the proper switches set that would load SAS as administrator version at bootup. To my knowledge, this has not been done yet.

Any Takers?

Thanks,

Ed Wood

I have the same problem as jwsrcp.

I am running the 32 bit version instead of the 64 bit version.

I have uninstalled SeperAntiSpyware using the downloaded unstaller from the web site, reinstalled the latest version of SAS downloaded from the website, and set the parameters to "run as administrator." Everything is fine until I reboot my computer. When SAS reinstalls on bootup, it does not reinstall as administrator, so I get the "run as administrator" prompt when I try to download updates.

I have posed this problem to SAS support, and have not received any solution. I have suggested to them that someone write a autoexec.bat file with the proper switches set that would load SAS as administrator version at bootup. To my knowledge, this has not been done yet.

Any Takers?

Thanks,

Ed Wood

I followed exactly what siliconman01 posted and it worked perfectly. Sorry, I don't know what is causing the problem when you re-boot.

I followed exactly what siliconman01 posted and it worked perfectly. Sorry, I don't know what is causing the problem when you re-boot.

In a previous post, you said you already that to no avail???