Sign in to follow this  
Jack C

Slow loading

Hello

Why does it take so long for SAS to load? I do not have it set to scan on startup. It loads last and takes about two minutes after all of the other programs have loaded. Thanks.

Jack

Hello

Why does it take so long for SAS to load? I do not have it set to scan on startup. It loads last and takes about two minutes after all of the other programs have loaded. Thanks.

Jack

Does it load faster if you uncheck "Check for program updates when the application starts(recommended)" on the Preferences>Update tab?

Hello

Jack

Mine also is the last to load, and periodically has trouble shutting down when I shut off the computer. A dialog box appears saying that SAS isn't shutting down, do I want to end which I click and it shuts down.

Mine also is the last to load, and periodically has trouble shutting down when I shut off the computer. A dialog box appears saying that SAS isn't shutting down, do I want to end which I click and it shuts down.

Hi Twl.

Please start your own thread and include the version of SAS you're using, the version of Window's (32/64 bit?), and any other security programs that run in real time.

This looks like it is addressed avidly in the impending V5.0 of SAS (quote as per Nick on Wilders forum)

We will be posting a feature list and road map shortly - we are trying to incorporate as many user suggestions as possible.

The big ones that are already in 5.0 are:

* NEW user interface

* NEW updater that won't have administrator "issues"

* NEW scheduler for updatest and scans

* NEW command line switches for enterprise and easy deployment

* MUCH faster quick scan and critical point scan

* MUCH faster startup

* MUCH faster definition download and update time

* DRASTICALLY Improved real-time protection

* Archive scanning

* Right-click scanning with no user interface started

* and many more

Along with many more features to help in the fight against malware and provide a better end-user experience - there are many features planned for the 5.x product line - we can't get them all in the first release, but we'll get them in there for you guys!

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=285536&page=5