silkphoenix

Dial-Up Connection Pop-up Window

It started a few days ago, my SUPERAntiSpyware Professional would not start its scheduled scanning. The "Dial-Up Connection" window keeps popping up asking me how do I want to dial to connect to Internet. I am using Broadband and have already disabled Dial-Up option in my Network Connections. I uninstalled and reinstalled SUPERAntiSpyware, but the window still pops up. I have set the option to update definitions before scanning, I guess that's why the window shows up and won't start scanning. But this only happens a few days ago. Before that, scheduled scanning worked perfectly. So does anyone know why does this happen and what should I do?

Any kind assistance/comments are much appreciated.

It started a few days ago, my SUPERAntiSpyware Professional would not start its scheduled scanning. The "Dial-Up Connection" window keeps popping up asking me how do I want to dial to connect to Internet. I am using Broadband and have already disabled Dial-Up option in my Network Connections. I uninstalled and reinstalled SUPERAntiSpyware, but the window still pops up. I have set the option to update definitions before scanning, I guess that's why the window shows up and won't start scanning. But this only happens a few days ago. Before that, scheduled scanning worked perfectly. So does anyone know why does this happen and what should I do?

Any kind assistance/comments are much appreciated.

What numeric version of SUPERAntiSpyware do you have installed?

What numeric version of SUPERAntiSpyware do you have installed?

If you are on only broadband the dial up box should not display ever. What are your OS specs?

If you are on only broadband the dial up box should not display ever. What are your OS specs?

I am running on Windows XP SP3. This only happens about three days ago. I did have the option of checking the updates before starting the program. Will it help if I disable it? I can manually check the udpates myself.

Thank you.

I am running on Windows XP SP3. This only happens about three days ago. I did have the option of checking the updates before starting the program. Will it help if I disable it? I can manually check the udpates myself.

Thank you.

Please try manual updates after you are connected VIA dialup- exit SUPERAntiSpyware, then click the "Download" link here(https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASDEFINITIONS.EXE). Save the file to your desktop and double-click it to run the installer. Once the installation is complete, you must exit and restart SUPERAntiSpyware for the new definitions to be active.

Please try manual updates after you are connected VIA dialup- exit SUPERAntiSpyware, then click the "Download" link here(https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASDEFINITIONS.EXE). Save the file to your desktop and double-click it to run the installer. Once the installation is complete, you must exit and restart SUPERAntiSpyware for the new definitions to be active.

How can I do a manual update via dialup when I am not on dialup?

Thomas