Band of Joy

How To Eliminate "corrupt-ep"???

Hello,

I am new to this forum although I have used SAS successfully for the past few years.

However, I currently am experiencing a problem with a file, program, whatever, (please forgive my lack of expertise on these things) that McAfee detects and defines as a possible threat to my computer, but it cannot remove it.

SAS doesn't recognize it in the scans that I have done, or if it does recognize it it chooses to ignore it.

It seems to be a common problem from the reading that I have done elsewhere but I don't find any mention of it in the searches that I have done here. Can anyone elaborate on what exactly this is and how I can eliminate it for good!

Thank You

See the link below on the McAfee forum. Using FileAssassin appears to remove this infection.

https://community.mcafee.com/message/146405

BEFORE you remove the infected files, submit them to SAS via the instructions at the link below.

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/2814-submitting-samples-to-superantispyware/

Hello,

Thanks for your response and the links regarding this problem. Reading about it makes me want to get rid of it even more. I had the results of a scan done by superadblocker sent in to the "file research center" to be analyzed but I have yet to hear back from them.

In the meantime I don't know how I can use the "assasin" you mentioned because when I follow the path given by McAfee to the file I reach a dead end where the folders listed in the path don't exist in the tree. I'm really perplexed by all of this. Hopefully the research center will be able to shed some light on it.

Regards

Hello,

That was a helpful link. It got me a little farther up the tree and down the path, but alas I still came to a dead end where what I am told to look for doesn't exist. Thanks for your help though. Is there anything else I can try?

Kind Regards

Hello,

That was a helpful link. It got me a little farther up the tree and down the path, but alas I still came to a dead end where what I am told to look for doesn't exist. Thanks for your help though. Is there anything else I can try?

Kind Regards

It's best now that you create a Customer Support Request ticket so that the SAS gurus can directly assist you in eliminating this critter. They will run an analysis on your system and fix it.

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

Hello,

I created one of those tickets before starting this thread. I guess the only thing to do now is wait and see if anything can be done about this little bugger.

Thanks for your help, I will post if and when I hear anything.

Regards

Bump,

Still waiting for an official response from SAS. Judging by the number of views this thread has had in the past week I would say that a lot of people are having this same problem. Since my last post I have paid for a lifetime subscription to SAS and resubmitted my inquiry. Maybe I will move ahead in the customer service line? As I mentioned before I will post if and when I hear anything.

Regards

Bump,

Still waiting for an official response from SAS. Judging by the number of views this thread has had in the past week I would say that a lot of people are having this same problem. Since my last post I have paid for a lifetime subscription to SAS and resubmitted my inquiry. Maybe I will move ahead in the customer service line? As I mentioned before I will post if and when I hear anything.

Regards

If you do not receive an email response from SAS within 48-72 hours, then something is amiss. Be sure to check your SPAM folder to make sure that it is not getting blocked by your email account.

Hello

Customer service instructed me to zip the file and send it to them at this location:

customerservice@superantispyware.com

I can't do that because I can't find the file when I follow the path that is given to me by McAfee.

If someone else of the hundreds that have viewed this thread can find this varmit, zip it up and send it off to be analyzed.

Also, if everyone that is visiting this thread would leave a brief post of their experience with this bug it might garner the attention of the powers that be that there is a growing united front that would like to see a resolution to this problem.

Regards

Let's try a different scanning program to see if it detects/removes this critter.

- Go to the link below and download/install the free version of Malwarebytes.

- Run its update to ensure that you have the latest malware detection rules.

- Run a Complete scan of your system and let it quarantine what it finds.

- Post back here the scan log of Malwarebytes.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/