Sign in to follow this  
nrp

Problem With Constant Updating Requests

Greetings,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am running SAS Pro 4.43.1000 and Eset Security Suite 4.2.35.0 on a Windows 7 laptop computer. Whenever I start up my laptop, and several times during the time my laptop is running, I get an SAS update window appearing in the lower right-hand corner of my computer screen.

post-12657-096979200 1287022165_thumb.jpg

When I click on the "Download and Install Now" link, I am told that there are no new updates available. However, this SAS update window continues to open repeatedly and I cannot get it to stop. Is there a conflict between SAS and Eset? I had been running both on this same computer in the past without any issues. This update problem began only about 2 months ago. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but this does not seem to help. Thank you in advance!

Ensure that your software firewall is not blocking the SAS update program SSUpdate.exe (SSUpdate64.exe on 64-bit Windows) or SuperAntispyware.exe

If that is not the problem, try this:

1. Close down SAS PRO by right clicking on the SAS icon in the Notification Tray and selecting Exit.

2. Go to START>All Programs>Superantispyware folder and right click on SuperAntiSpyware Professional. Select "Run as Administrator" to restart SAS PRO

3. Once SAS restarts, try to update. It should update from V4.43.1000 to V4.44.1000

If that does not resolve the issue and update your program version to V4.44.1000 plus download the latest core/trace definitions, uninstall SAS PRO via Control Panel>Programs and Features. Then go the link below, download SAS PRO V4.44.1000 and install this latest version.

https://www.superantispyware.com

Also reference this FAQ"

https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=84

Thank you very much siliconman01! I greatly appreciate your help. Your suggestion appears to have solved the problem.