Sign in to follow this  
Computer Tech

Trojan.Agent/Gen-MSFake

Today after performing a full scan with SAS it flagged a file in the Microsoft.net folder here is the directory C:\WINDOWS\MICROSOFT.NET\FRAMEWORK\V1.1.4322\NETFXUPDATE.EXE. i automatically got the suspicion it was a false positive and didn't remove but performed some tests with various products ESET NOD32 4.2.64.12, MBAM 1.46 which were already on my PC and then i downloaded and installed Hitman pro and dr webs cureit only for the reason if dr webs found it id cure the file instead of removing it but none found the Trojan only SAS.

If you need anymore info let me know, if you need the file uploaded let me know i will wait until instructed

Thank you to everybody for reporting this false positive. It has been resolved as of our Core Definition Database version 5662. Please let us know if you continue to have issues with this detection.

Geoff

Hello, sorry for bumping a 2010 thread i've a question regarding the signature Trojan.Agent/Gen-MSFake

I've recently found a file detected as Trojan.Agent/Gen-MSFake and who was related to an exploit kit who use the MetaSploit Framework, is 'MSFake' the acronym of MetaSploit or it's a coincidence and mean Microsoft ?