Sign in to follow this  
Willber G

Software updates

Hi, how do I do a manual software update of SAS? I received a prompt saying that a new version was available but when I clicked on the link nothing happened. Similarly when I right-click and select "Check for updates". I am running 4.43.1000 and need to update to 4.44.1000.

Cheers,

Willber

Hi, how do I do a manual software update of SAS? I received a prompt saying that a new version was available but when I clicked on the link nothing happened. Similarly when I right-click and select "Check for updates". I am running 4.43.1000 and need to update to 4.44.1000.

Cheers,

Willber

If you are having problems doing the auto-update you can simply uninstall and download the new version and install it.

Hi Willber.

I'll assume you're running Vista or Window's 7.

Shut down SAS and navigate to the SAS folder in your program list. Open the SAS folder, right click on "Superantispyware Free (or pro)" then select "Run as Administrator".

If that doesn't help, please post back with your operating system and if it's 32 or 64 bit.

Edit: Admin and I posted at the same time.

Thanks Seth, how do I find out if I am running XP 32 bit or 64 bit?

It's very unlikely that your XP system is 64bit.

You can confirm such by right clicking on "Start" in the bottom left, then right click on "My Computer" and select Properties. Under the General Tab, you'll see "System". If you don't see 64bit, then your 32.