Sign in to follow this  
Phil Cool

Superantispyware portable stops working, encountering error

Hi Everyone

new to the forum so take it easy with me as I try to explain my problem. I have a Advent desktop PC running windows Vista which had been infected with WinAntivirus 2010. I was attempting to do a spyware/ malware check and was using SAS Portable and Malwarebytes to assist. I'm in safe mode, SAS portable runs for about 2 minutes and then stops with an error which it wants to report to yourselves. As I have no internet connection with this PC I cannot send the report. Malwarebytes runs for a while and then just disappears. I have also tried Hijack This, which closes immediately it starts and then is unable to be found. I have slaved the drive into another PC with internet access and carried out various online antivirus scans which all come back clear, I have also ran various antiroot kit programs all to no avail. I have also ran SAS portable and Malwarebytes that I have on the slave PC which seems to take forever and it finds nothing I think I have thrown everything at this infection without success and was wondering if the team or other members have experienced this problem and if the PC is recoverable

Thanks in advance

Phil

Hi Everyone

new to the forum so take it easy with me as I try to explain my problem. I have a Advent desktop PC running windows Vista which had been infected with WinAntivirus 2010. I was attempting to do a spyware/ malware check and was using SAS Portable and Malwarebytes to assist. I'm in safe mode, SAS portable runs for about 2 minutes and then stops with an error which it wants to report to yourselves. As I have no internet connection with this PC I cannot send the report. Malwarebytes runs for a while and then just disappears. I have also tried Hijack This, which closes immediately it starts and then is unable to be found. I have slaved the drive into another PC with internet access and carried out various online antivirus scans which all come back clear, I have also ran various antiroot kit programs all to no avail. I have also ran SAS portable and Malwarebytes that I have on the slave PC which seems to take forever and it finds nothing I think I have thrown everything at this infection without success and was wondering if the team or other members have experienced this problem and if the PC is recoverable

Thanks in advance

Phil

You may wish to try Combofix on the drive. Put the drive back in the original computer however because Combofix only runs on the C:\ drive. And I don't think it works if your system 64-bit.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Also run a CHKDSK C: /r /f on the drive to see if it has become corrupted.