Sign in to follow this  
SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0 Preview

I love the threat icons.

I thought the quick scan was basically a "critical point scan" Difference?

The preview shows lifetime, but also shows "register/activate". Might want to fix that.

I love the threat icons.

I thought the quick scan was basically a "critical point scan" Difference?

The preview shows lifetime, but also shows "register/activate". Might want to fix that.

The Quick Scan "quickly" scans the file system, registry, memory, etc. The Critcal Point Scan checks about 50 (or more) "critical points" in the system so you can "check" the system in under 1 minute and do a full scan if items are found. It's meant to be a "sanity check" if you feel your system is doing something "odd" or "weird".

We are getting close to a public pre-release test build - we are hoping to have one in the next few weeks - but as always we only release items when they are ready as that is more important that "rushing".

We are getting close to a public pre-release test build - we are hoping to have one in the next few weeks - but as always we only release items when they are ready as that is more important that "rushing".

It's great to see that this company is not in a "rush" and that all things are working properly when time of release comes. Not like other company's where they throw something out there and start finding problems at the users expense. I hope they are testing it out with other security products like NIS 2011 and more. :-D Thanks SAS, keep up the good work, will be looking forward to SAS 5.0

It's great to see that this company is not in a "rush" and that all things are working properly when time of release comes. Not like other company's where they throw something out there and start finding problems at the users expense. I hope they are testing it out with other security products like NIS 2011 and more. :-D Thanks SAS, keep up the good work, will be looking forward to SAS 5.0

I agree when programs or OS"S like Vista) are rushed out they tend to cause more problems then they are worth.

It is better to take your time and get it right and also take the advise of your beta testers when it is time to test it because even the programmers do not have some of the programs that we all have on our machines which could cause conflicts. ;)

robin

Do we know what the official date of release is yet for SAS V5.0?

There is no "official date".

From SAS Admin:

Nice. Looking forward to this. I promote your product to my clients anytime I do a service.

I am looking forward to the new GUI. We needed it. Nice job!