kicket

SAS will not Run a Scheduled Scan

Hi Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:11 AM, I sent in a support for SAS Professional that since 9-10-10 my SAS will not do a scheduled Scan.I am waiting for a reply.I can run both Quick and Complete manually but have no Idea why it quit doing schelduled scans.Thanks so much for any help you can give me.My Ticket # is CSR00056005 I appreciate any help TY so much,Cricket

Hi Sunday, September 26, 2010 11:11 AM, I sent in a support for SAS Professional that since 9-10-10 my SAS will not do a scheduled Scan.I am waiting for a reply.I can run both Quick and Complete manually but have no Idea why it quit doing schelduled scans.Thanks so much for any help you can give me.My Ticket # is CSR00056005 I appreciate any help TY so much,Cricket

Check your scheduled scan options by clicking the "Scheduled Scan" button on the SUPERAntiSpyware main menu.

For scheduled scanning to run, the following must be true:

Windows must be on, and running in normal mode (not in a power-saving mode like sleep).

SUPERAntiSpyware must be running. The icon in the system tray is usually a reliable indication of that.

The SUPERAntiSpyware main menu must be closed.

If the above conditions are true, and the scan does not start as expected, confirm that you can manually start a scan of the same type, and that the scan runs to completion. If there’s a problem with the scan, resolve that first.

If the manual scan works, but the scheduled scan does not, try scheduling the scan again for a few minutes in the future. Make sure you schedule the scan for daily, not weekly, when testing! Make sure the "Check for Definition Updates before scanning" option is checked, and the "Do not show the user interface (main screen) while scanning" option is unchecked. Those options will ensure that something visible happens when the scan starts and ends.

Then close the SUPERAntiSpyware window. Right-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon (the yellow/brown bug) in the system tray (near the Windows system clock) and select "Exit." Then start SUPERAntiSpyware from your desktop or Start menu shortcut, close the main menu when it opens, and wait to see if SUPERAntiSpyware checks for updates at the appointed scan time.

Check your scheduled scan options by clicking the "Scheduled Scan" button on the SUPERAntiSpyware main menu.

For scheduled scanning to run, the following must be true:

Windows must be on, and running in normal mode (not in a power-saving mode like sleep).

SUPERAntiSpyware must be running. The icon in the system tray is usually a reliable indication of that.

The SUPERAntiSpyware main menu must be closed.

If the above conditions are true, and the scan does not start as expected, confirm that you can manually start a scan of the same type, and that the scan runs to completion. If there’s a problem with the scan, resolve that first.

If the manual scan works, but the scheduled scan does not, try scheduling the scan again for a few minutes in the future. Make sure you schedule the scan for daily, not weekly, when testing! Make sure the "Check for Definition Updates before scanning" option is checked, and the "Do not show the user interface (main screen) while scanning" option is unchecked. Those options will ensure that something visible happens when the scan starts and ends.

Then close the SUPERAntiSpyware window. Right-click the SUPERAntiSpyware icon (the yellow/brown bug) in the system tray (near the Windows system clock) and select "Exit." Then start SUPERAntiSpyware from your desktop or Start menu shortcut, close the main menu when it opens, and wait to see if SUPERAntiSpyware checks for updates at the appointed scan time.

Hello TY but I tried all this and it still will not do a scheldued scan,I can do all manually and I just tried for 3rd time this morning to do daily scheldued scans with no luck.It did not update when I closed downed and reopened SAS.It does updates fine did an updated at 6:25 am just can't figure what went wrong I have had SAS Prof for over a Year and this is the first I have had this trouble LOL......Just can't seem to fix it.Thanks so much and do you have any idea what else I can do to fix my problem.TY so very much,I so much appreciate your help.Cricket