Sign in to follow this  
Boober

SAS freeze computer when window start

Sometime SAS freeze computer when window start. The reason I know this because when I start the window and it freeze, I have to restart my computer by press the power button. When I start again, I quickly run task manager and terminate SAS before it can start on system tray. And the solution for the problem is go to startup manager and disable it. Then enable it again, and the program will work fine in next start.

Moreover, sometime when I run SAS manually, it also freeze window running programs and programs that are going to run. Such as I run SAS, and run mozilla firefox. I wait for five minutes and nothing happened(except SAS is on the tray but it won't respond when I right-click it). Then I run task manager and terminate SAS in process bar. Everything will come back to work fine.

i have Avira, malwarebytes and Tuneup Utility on my computer. I don't think the problem comes from programs conflict because one of my friend use Avira, SAS, malwarebytes, comodo firewall and Tuneup Utility on his computer.

My question is " Is there any solution that can make SAS not freeze my computer? "

Thanks,

1. What Windows Operating System are you running (with Service Pack number) and is it a 32-bit or 64-bit version?

2. How much RAM memory do you have installed and what is your CPU rating?

3. Are you running the latest version of SAS which is version 4.43.1000? If not, you neeed to upgrade to the latest version.

4. Are you running SAS Professional and is realtime protection enabled?

5. Are you running the licensed version of Malwarebytes and, if so, is realtime protection enabled?

6. Do you have your Pagefil.sys set to Windows Managed? SAS uses a lot of memory when scanning and if your have your Pagefil.sys set to a low value, it could cause you problems.

Reply to siliconman

I use 32-bit Black XP service pack 3 with 2 GB of ram. I have latest version of SAS pro and startup with real-time protection(all update during startup disabled). Moreover, I use Avira personal and Malwarebytes pro with realtime.

Did Pagefil.sys means page file that use as a program memory? If you mean page file, I spare 3GB for it. Remember, this problem occur for sometimes not everytime I start my computer, or run the program.

One of my friend use Avira premium, malwarebyes pro, SAS pro and comodo firewall, which I will install the combination like him, but SAS problem makes me can't do that.(I'm not sure of my friend's RAM).

Thanks for help,

(If you wanna hijack this log. Tell me)

Post a HiJackthis log for review. I suspect the problem may be having the realtime protection of SAS and also MBAM enabled at the same time. As a test, you could disable the MBAM realtime and see if SAS PRO still freezes up.

Sorry for late reply.

Post a HiJackthis log for review. I suspect the problem may be having the realtime protection of SAS and also MBAM enabled at the same time. As a test, you could disable the MBAM realtime and see if SAS PRO still freezes up.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 14:54:55, on 26/9/2553

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe

D:\Program Files\CPE17AntiAutorun1400.exe

D:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe

C:\Program Files\VisualTaskTips\VisualTaskTips.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

D:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\BDT\BDTUpdateService.exe

C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avshadow.exe

D:\Program Files\PC Tools Disk Suite\DSService.exe

D:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ekrn.exe

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

D:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe

c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\siteadvisor\mcsacore.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe

C:\Program Files\Norton Safe Web Lite\Norton Safe Web Lite\Engine\1.0.1.8\ccSvcHst.exe

D:\Program Files\PC Tools Firewall Plus\FWService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe

D:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe

C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2010\TuneUpUtilitiesService32.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE

C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2010\TuneUpUtilitiesApp32.exe

C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe

D:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\CToolbar.exe

D:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe

C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe

C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\McTray.exe

D:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe

D:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IEMonitor.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe

C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe

D:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = about:

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.tiscoetrade.com

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = http://www.crawler.com/search/ie.aspx?tb_id=60049

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,CustomizeSearch = http://dnl.crawler.com/support/sa_customize.aspx?TbId=60049

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://dnl.crawler.com/support/sa_customize.aspx?TbId=60049

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=74005

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {1CB20BF0-BBAE-40A7-93F4-6435FF3D0411} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\ctbr.dll

R3 - URLSearchHook: McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - {0EBBBE48-BAD4-4B4C-8E5A-516ABECAE064} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\siteadvisor\mcieplg.dll

O2 - BHO: IDM Helper - {0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8} - D:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll

O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: ContributeBHO Class - {074C1DC5-9320-4A9A-947D-C042949C6216} - D:\Program Files\Adobe\/Adobe Contribute CS3/contributeieplugin.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1CB20BF0-BBAE-40A7-93F4-6435FF3D0411} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\ctbr.dll

O2 - BHO: Browser Defender BHO - {2A0F3D1B-0909-4FF4-B272-609CCE6054E7} - D:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\BDT\PCTBrowserDefender.dll

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! IE Services Button - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll

O2 - BHO: Click-to-Call BHO - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\wlchtc.dll

O2 - BHO: Symantec NCO BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Search Helper - {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll

O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - {B164E929-A1B6-4A06-B104-2CD0E90A88FF} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\siteadvisor\mcieplg.dll

O2 - BHO: Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {E15A8DC0-8516-42A1-81EA-DC94EC1ACF10} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll

O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll

O2 - BHO: Norton Safe Web Lite BHO - {F0DA78E9-6B60-42fb-BC26-EF2CFB8C8FF3} - C:\Program Files\Norton Safe Web Lite\Norton Safe Web Lite\Engine\1.0.1.8\coIEPlg.dll

O9 - Extra button: ส่งไปยัง OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ส่&งไปยัง OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\Microsoft Office\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab

O18 - Protocol: dssrequest - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\siteadvisor\mcieplg.dll

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll

O18 - Protocol: sacore - {5513F07E-936B-4E52-9B00-067394E91CC5} - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\siteadvisor\mcieplg.dll

O18 - Protocol: tbr - {4D25FB7A-8902-4291-960E-9ADA051CFBBF} - C:\PROGRA~1\Crawler\ctbr.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.DLL

O23 - Service: Adobe Version Cue CS3 - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS3\Server\bin\VersionCueCS3.exe

O23 - Service: Adobe Version Cue CS4 - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS4\Server\bin\VersionCueCS4.exe

O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe

O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe

O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe

O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe

O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe

O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: Browser Defender Update Service - Threat Expert Ltd. - D:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\BDT\BDTUpdateService.exe

O23 - Service: PC Tools Disk Suite (DiskSuiteService) - PC Tools Software - D:\Program Files\PC Tools Disk Suite\DSService.exe

O23 - Service: ESET HTTP Server (EhttpSrv) - ESET - D:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\EHttpSrv.exe

O23 - Service: ESET Service (ekrn) - ESET - D:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ekrn.exe

O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe

O23 - Service: Forceware Web Interface (ForcewareWebInterface) - Apache Software Foundation - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\Apache Group\Apache2\bin\apache.exe

O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe

O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - D:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee SiteAdvisor Service - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\siteadvisor\mcsacore.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe

O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero8\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe

O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

O23 - Service: Norton Safe Web Lite (NSL) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Safe Web Lite\Norton Safe Web Lite\Engine\1.0.1.8\ccSvcHst.exe

O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe

O23 - Service: ForceWare user log service (nSvcLog) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcLog.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: PC Tools Firewall Plus (PCToolsFirewallPlus) - PC Tools - D:\Program Files\PC Tools Firewall Plus\FWService.exe

O23 - Service: PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - Prolific Technology Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\IoctlSvc.exe

O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared Files\RichVideo.exe

O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - D:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe

O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - D:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe

O23 - Service: TuneUp Drive Defrag Service (TuneUp.Defrag) - TuneUp Software - C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2010\TuneUpDefragService.exe

O23 - Service: TuneUp Utilities Service (TuneUp.UtilitiesSvc) - TuneUp Software - C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2010\TuneUpUtilitiesService32.exe

--

End of file - 19346 bytes

There is nothing malicious showing up in your HiJackthis log. However, there is certainly potential conflicts that are showing up. For example, you have the McAfee SiteAdvisor and Norton Safe Web installed. You should uninstall one of these because they are designed to perform the same function. I also recommend that you disable the realtime protection of either MBAM or SAS PRO. The gurus over at the Avira support forum would recommend that you not run the realtime protection of neither MBAM nor SAS PRO along side Avira Premium because of potential conflicts. However, I have run SAS PRO realtime along with Avira Premium Security Suite for over a year and not experienced any conflicts (running Windows 7 x64 Professional, not XP). I recommend that you disable MBAM realtime protection for a test to see if the SAS PRO issues you are experiencing stop occurring.

I'll try it. It would take sometime to check, since it doesn't always happen when I open the computer. Thanks a lot siliconman.

By the way, I have Avira personal (free one), not premium. However, I think I would upgrade it since premium one has proactive technology.

There is nothing malicious showing up in your HiJackthis log. However, there is certainly potential conflicts that are showing up. For example, you have the McAfee SiteAdvisor and Norton Safe Web installed. .....................he gurus over at the Avira support forum would recommend that you not run the realtime protection of neither MBAM nor SAS PRO along side Avira Premium because of potential conflicts. However, I have run SAS PRO realtime along with Avira Premium Security Suite for over a year and not experienced any conflicts (running Windows 7 x64 Professional, not XP). I recommend that you disable MBAM realtime protection for a test to see if the SAS PRO issues you are experiencing stop occurring.

Hello, today I start my computer and it happen again. The problem still not solve. Any ideas?

If it can't be solved. I think I'll change it into Spybot. Someone says that if I had Avira, just use spybot is ok. NO need for SAS pro.

I'll try it. It would take sometime to check, since it doesn't always happen when I open the computer. Thanks a lot siliconman.

By the way, I have Avira personal (free one), not premium. However, I think I would upgrade it since premium one has proactive technology.

Hello, today I start my computer and it happen again. The problem still not solve. Any ideas?

If it can't be solved. I think I'll change it into Spybot. Someone says that if I had Avira, just use spybot is ok. NO need for SAS pro.

I do not agree that SpyBot is a replacement for SAS PRO...no comparison on protection capability in my opinion.

Try this as a test:

1. Re-Activate the realtime protection of MBAM.

2. In SAS PRO, go to Preferences>Update tab and uncheck "Check for program updates when the application starts(recommended)" under Automatic Updates. Your system may randomly be hanging up on trying to access the SAS servers during the boot up process.

As a side note Boober, you might want to get rid of some of those numerous Internet Explorer toolbars. You're probably only seeing about half a web page at a time.

1. Re-Activate the realtime protection of MBAM.

2. In SAS PRO, go to Preferences>Update tab and uncheck "Check for program updates when the application starts(recommended)" under Automatic Updates. Your system may randomly be hanging up on trying to access the SAS servers during the boot up process.

I have done all of these before. First I had problem of SAS freeze my computer after hibernation and someone recommend me to do number 2. It works, it stop freeze my computer after hibernation. For number 1. I've tried it, and yeah it works. SAS can starts properly.

However, I think the problem comes from conflict of MBAM, SAS and Avira themselves. I thought that disabling malwarebytes from start up don't work because I've seen SAS started on tray and I run malwarebytes, then SAS freeze my computer. After that, I use task manager to terminate SAS and window can work properly. Then, I came post here that it won't work, SORRY for that, my mistake. When I remove Avira, the problem gone. I can start SAS+malwarebytes However, MBAM+SAS is not strong enough.

For solution, I think I must choose one on start up, malwarebytes or SAS, but it would be best if I can run all these on my windows startup.

I agree that you should really only have either MBAM or SAS PRO running in realtime along side Avira. To have MBAM and SAS PRO realtime active at the same time is a bit of overkill protection and probably results in a performance slow down of your system. Even though I have a licensed MBAM I do not run it realtime because I experienced a browser response slow down with MBAM realtime active....even with SAS PRO realtime turned off. So my personal preference is to use SAS Pro realtime and MBAM as an on demand scanner.

I have done all of these before. First I had problem of SAS freeze my computer after hibernation and someone recommend me to do number 2. It works, it stop freeze my computer after hibernation. For number 1. I've tried it, and yeah it works. SAS can starts properly.

If I read the above quote correctly, you find that SAS PRO does not hang up when coming out of hibernation if #2 suggestion is in place. To me, that confirms that your network is not totally active at the time SAS PRO started its check for program updates. This could very well be pointing to an error path bug in the SAS updater. The updater should time out after xx seconds if it cannot contact the server. This time out may not be occurring when hibernation is used. I suggest that you create a Customer Support Request ticket and let the SAS gurus work on this. In the ticket, supply a link to this forum thread so that the gurus can see what has been done thus far.

https://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

" I have done all of these before. First I had problem of SAS freeze my computer after hibernation and someone recommend me to do number 2. It works, it stop freeze my computer after hibernation. For number 1. I've tried it, and yeah it works. SAS can starts properly."

No, from my quote I meant that I have the hibernation freezing problem before. Then, someone suggest me to turn off automatic update of SAS and the problem gone. I'm trying to say that I have tried #2 of your suggestion before I post this question. Sorry for my bad grammar.

In fact the freezing problem also happened after hibernation, but I can still run task manager and terminate SAS and restart it manually.(it's like when starting windows with MBAM, I must run task manager and terminate SAS to make windows continue running)

If I don't have suggestion #2 in place, I can't do anything even moving my cursor.

For your number 1 suggestion, I done it before I ran SAS, I disabled malwarebytes and re-enable it after SAS has finished launching.

However, I still thinking about changing to spybot. I agree that spybot is incomparable to SAS but there are no conflict with spybot. If I'm running MBAM and Avira premium already, can I change to spybot. Today, I scan my computer with SAS and there are 0 threat. Moreover, SAS didn't block any spyware about 3 months. Only SAS found is cookies, which spybot also detected. So, if I can't run SAS pro, I think I will change to spybot.

What is your opinion, is it better if I change, or just remove SAS/MBAM from startup and start it manually?

If you run MBAM realtime and Avira together, I do not see any need for SAS PRO realtime or Spybot realtime. MBAM and Avira are quite capable of protecting you. If SAS PRO cannot be used without causing issues on your system, just use it as a backup on-demand scanner and forget about installing Spybot altogether. Just turn off SAS's realtime protection and uncheck the option for it to startup on computer startup. Then every so often, say once a week, start up SAS, run its update to obtain the latest definitions, and then do a Complete Scan. After the scan, just shut down SAS again until its time to run the next scan.

As I stated before, having too many programs doing the same thing will result in degrading the performance of your system and also increase the potential of conflicts.

If you run MBAM realtime and Avira together, I do not see any need for SAS PRO realtime or Spybot realtime. MBAM and Avira are quite capable of protecting you. If SAS PRO cannot be used without causing issues on your system, just use it as a backup on-demand scanner and forget about installing Spybot altogether. Just turn off SAS's realtime protection and uncheck the option for it to startup on computer startup. Then every so often, say once a week, start up SAS, run its update to obtain the latest definitions, and then do a Complete Scan. After the scan, just shut down SAS again until its time to run the next scan.

As I stated before, having too many programs doing the same thing will result in degrading the performance of your system and also increase the potential of conflicts.

Agreed on all counts.

Sometime SAS freeze computer when window start. The reason I know this because when I start the window and it freeze, I have to restart my computer by press the power button. When I start again, I quickly run task manager and terminate SAS before it can start on system tray. And the solution for the problem is go to startup manager and disable it. Then enable it again, and the program will work fine in next start.

Moreover, sometime when I run SAS manually, it also freeze window running programs and programs that are going to run. Such as I run SAS, and run mozilla firefox. I wait for five minutes and nothing happened(except SAS is on the tray but it won't respond when I right-click it). Then I run task manager and terminate SAS in process bar. Everything will come back to work fine.

i have Avira, malwarebytes and Tuneup Utility on my computer. I don't think the problem comes from programs conflict because one of my friend use Avira, SAS, malwarebytes, comodo firewall and Tuneup Utility on his computer.

My question is " Is there any solution that can make SAS not freeze my computer? "

Thanks,

Can you post your lastest scan log from SUPERAntiSpyware so we can see that you are running the latest version? There should be no conflicts.

I have been having the same issue and actually looked on the forum to see if anyone else was having this problem. I run Windows7 and SAS 4.44.1000. Sometimes my PC starts up fine but other times it locks up when trying to start SAS. I think if there was a way to delay opening SAS by a couple of minutes on start up it would solve the problem. I also run Malwarebytes and Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011.

I have been having the same issue and actually looked on the forum to see if anyone else was having this problem. I run Windows7 and SAS 4.44.1000. Sometimes my PC starts up fine but other times it locks up when trying to start SAS. I think if there was a way to delay opening SAS by a couple of minutes on start up it would solve the problem. I also run Malwarebytes and Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011.

You could always use the Task Scheduler to start up SAS on Log on or Startup and specify a delay of x minutes. Be sure to specify to run with highest privileges. And uncheck the Preferences option "Start Superantispyware when Windows starts" in SAS. I have always felt that it is a design flaw in SAS to not delay the update check during the actual reboot process. Too many activities already going on as the system reboots and stabilizes.

You could always use the Task Scheduler to start up SAS on Log on or Startup and specify a delay of x minutes. Be sure to specify to run with highest privileges. And uncheck the Preferences option "Start Superantispyware when Windows starts" in SAS. I have always felt that it is a design flaw in SAS to not delay the update check during the actual reboot process. Too many activities already going on as the system reboots and stabilizes.

Thanks very much. I have set up the Task Scheduler and hopefully that solves the issue. I suggest to the SAS team to set up a new option in their next release as a simple way users can accomplish this.

First off Windows XP "Black" is a pirated build of windows with god knows what dependencies etc installed.

After over a decade of deployment you still don't have a legit copy buddy!!!

I hope you do realize you can create exclusions in Avira and SAS so they don't try to scan each others install files etc both real and ondemand.

Create an exclusion in Avira so it doesn't scan any of SAS's files exe etc.

As for your pirated copy of MBAM, I'd disable it's realtime protection because in all honesty it's poor compared to SASpro.

As for Avira, stop being a cheapskate and purchase an AV package. I suggest NOD32 AV and not the "Smart Security Suite" etc.

If your're at the level of not understanding what the page file is then surely a firewall would do nothing but confuse you.

All of the browser tool bars installed hints you are a rather clueless enduser.

As for your pirated copy of Office...

I'd uninstall groove because it can be a real pain in the ass...

Buddy I've been looking at your hijack log and man you have so much CRAP loaded it's friggin outrageous!!!

You can't load more than one firewall buddy...

You have so many remlents of AV etc software on that machine most any AV/spyware software wouldn't run properly. You need to uninstall all of the CRAP...

Remove all the Symantec and McAfee stuff using add remove programs THEN use the norton removal tool and McAfee removal tool.

It's pretty obvious due to your prose and state of your machine you're a 15- year old non english speaker who pirates MS Office and Adobe CS etc.

That fact your here and all of the AV/malware/firewall stuff installed on your machine you have a feeling your infected ehh buddy...

Considering the amount of pirated software you install I'd bet money you're totally rooted by the bad guys... LOL

And almost deserved...

By the way the issue with SAS has nothing to do with SAS and everything to do with your machine being bloated with AV/malware/firewall installs due to your user habits...

PS Nero became a bloated POS many moons ago... shocked to see people still using it with all it's bloat etc. try Ashampoo Burning Studio free 6.77

PSS I'd bet money we'll never see the kid comment or come here again...