Sign in to follow this  
tcohen6

SAS Detects No More Problems But Adware Still There

I used SAS portable and, in safe mode, ran a scan. It detected a number of infected files, but when I rebooted the viruses are still there. I scanned again, and SAS found nothing. But, again, the same viruses are still there

I used SAS portable and, in safe mode, ran a scan. It detected a number of infected files, but when I rebooted the viruses are still there. I scanned again, and SAS found nothing. But, again, the same viruses are still there

What is telling you that the viruses are still there?

What is telling you that the viruses are still there?

After about 15 seconds, I get a Windows Security Alert popup. And when I click on, MS Word, for example I get "Application cannot be executed. The file winword.exe is infected." Then I get an "Antivirus software alert" popup. When I click on a browser I get, "Visiting this website may harm your computer." And won't open.

After about 15 seconds, I get a Windows Security Alert popup. And when I click on, MS Word, for example I get "Application cannot be executed. The file winword.exe is infected." Then I get an "Antivirus software alert" popup. When I click on a browser I get, "Visiting this website may harm your computer." And won't open.

Please post your lastest SUPERAntiSpyware scan log here - let's make sure you have the latest definitions, etc. - if not we can run a diagnostic as well.