Sign in to follow this  
jack blixby

antimalware doctor problem

Hello

I have an infection from antimalware doctor and cannot use the internet. I have downloaded Superantispyware onto a stick but it will not run. It looks like it is being blocked. Any suggestions?

Jack

Hello

I have an infection from antimalware doctor and cannot use the internet. I have downloaded Superantispyware onto a stick but it will not run. It looks like it is being blocked. Any suggestions?

Jack

Try our portable here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/portable

You may also wish to boot to Safe Mode and try the scan.

Hello

Jack

FWIW.. Using SAS Portable will certainly get rid of the infection but, will not, automatically, re-set your internet connection. For this, click start > run (this is the search box for Vista and Win 7) > type inetcpl.cpl > Ok. In the internet properties window click on the advanced tab > Restore advanced settings button. This should completely restore your internet. If you find that the malware has completely removed the advanced tab from internet properties run this command in the "Run" box for Xp and Search for Vista and WIn 7 >> regsvr32 /n /i inetcpl.cpl > Ok. That will restore it. Good luck!!

FWIW.. Using SAS Portable will certainly get rid of the infection but, will not, automatically, re-set your internet connection. For this, click start > run (this is the search box for Vista and Win 7) > type inetcpl.cpl > Ok. In the internet properties window click on the advanced tab > Restore advanced settings button. This should completely restore your internet. If you find that the malware has completely removed the advanced tab from internet properties run this command in the "Run" box for Xp and Search for Vista and WIn 7 >> regsvr32 /n /i inetcpl.cpl > Ok. That will restore it. Good luck!!

Hi Joel.

Infections that have caused loss of internet, is typically due to the infection adding a proxy. Your above method will not clear a proxy.

So clearing the proxy is the first step, and if need be, followed up by an IE Reset. That is, your above method, but rather than "Restore Advanced Settings", one would choose "Reset".