Sign in to follow this  
Diff

REal time protedtion

Real Time protection doesn't work. Get adware like nuts even with it turned on!

I have noise to sound when it stops something. Doesn't work either. Paid $30.00 for the free program!

Running win 7 Internet Explorer 8.

Real Time protection doesn't work. Get adware like nuts even with it turned on!

I have noise to sound when it stops something. Doesn't work either. Paid $30.00 for the free program!

Running win 7 Internet Explorer 8.

What exactly is being detected? By what product? Post the scan log here for review please.

What exactly is being detected? By what product? Post the scan log here for review please.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 09/04/2010 at 09:06 AM

Application Version : 4.42.1000

Core Rules Database Version : 5454

Trace Rules Database Version: 3266

Scan type : Quick Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:10:57

Memory items scanned : 300

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 1823

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 19300

File threats detected : 2

Adware.Tracking Cookie

C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\kim@atdmt[2].txt

secure-us.imrworldwide.com [ C:\Users\Kim\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\B88RMLM3 ]

What is the second one. It doesn't say cookie after it.

Basically, it's a cookie that the Macromedia Flash player labels alphanumerically.

Basically, it's a cookie that the Macromedia Flash player labels alphanumerically.

In other words it does the same thing as windows Defender does, but Windows Defender is free!

don't know what I paid $30.00 for. If tracking cookies aren't a threat, what is the default setting

set to scan for them for?

In other words it does the same thing as windows Defender does, but Windows Defender is free!

I don't know how you deduced that from I said. In addition, there are many aspects as to what makes a "great" antimalware program, and SAS runs circles around Window's Defender. If you don't believe me, ask anyone at any professional malware removal site.

If tracking cookies aren't a threat, what is the default setting

Simply because most end users think they're some sort of invasion of privacy. If SAS didn't detect cookies, we would get complaints for that. It's a matter of, "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

don't know what I paid $30.00 for. If tracking cookies aren't a threat, what is the default setting

SUPERAntiSpyware detects and removes many items that Windows Defender won't and doesn't - cookies can't "harm" your system, but many users want them removed on scanning because of their tracking nature - blocking them in real-time can cause issues with logins and such that use cookies so we don't detect those in real-time or you would be getting "threat alerts" the entire time you are surfing.

If you want a refund, you are welcome to have one - and when you get infected with a real threat that would have been blocked by SUPERAntiSpyware, you can come back and we'll still help you!

SUPERAntiSpyware detects and removes many items that Windows Defender won't and doesn't - cookies can't "harm" your system, but many users want them removed on scanning because of their tracking nature - blocking them in real-time can cause issues with logins and such that use cookies so we don't detect those in real-time or you would be getting "threat alerts" the entire time you are surfing.

If you want a refund, you are welcome to have one - and when you get infected with a real threat that would have been blocked by SUPERAntiSpyware, you can come back and we'll still help you!

How do you get SAS to remove tracking cookies automatically after it's through scanning?

How do you get SAS to remove tracking cookies automatically after it's through scanning?

You follow the onscreen directions after a scan is finished.

You can also download/install the freebie program CCleaner (slim version) from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds. It will quickly remove cookies including flash cookies and all junk/temporary files when you run CCleaner. Personally, I pin the RUN component of CCleaner to my Win 7 taskbar and when I am done surfing or whatever, I click on CCleaner and in a matter of seconds, all junk (including cookies) is removed. I also run it just before doing any security program scan...be it SAS or Avira or NIS 2011 or whatever.

You follow the onscreen directions after a scan is finished.

Real Time protection doesn't even work in 64 bit version of Windows 7! It won't until version 5.0 od SAS comes out in 2 weeks.

You can also download/install the freebie program CCleaner (slim version) from http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds. It will quickly remove cookies including flash cookies and all junk/temporary files when you run CCleaner. Personally, I pin the RUN component of CCleaner to my Win 7 taskbar and when I am done surfing or whatever, I click on CCleaner and in a matter of seconds, all junk (including cookies) is removed. I also run it just before doing any security program scan...be it SAS or Avira or NIS 2011 or whatever.

The link is no good!

Real Time protection doesn't even work in 64 bit version of Windows 7! It won't until version 5.0 od SAS comes out in 2 weeks.

Real-time protection does't block cookies (again).

Why does my SAS say trial version when I have already paid for it?

You need to register/activate SUPERAntiSpyware using the supplied registration code, if you need help with the code, please submit a support request here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/csr

We don't reveal registration codes here on the forum for security reasons.