ch43racing

Update Status

I purchased SAS today. Dropped you a brief note re: another suggestion which I understand was already under consideration for future versions.

I still use two competing products on some other machines. After I click on

Check for Updates

the screen appears, and I assume, if there are no updates, it simply closes and that's that.

Following in spysweeper's lead, when a manual update is requested, the program will indicate that the most current version is up to date, or d/l the most current version, or more importantly , let me know if there is a problem with a server being down, etc..

SAS would be improved if the program provided a notification of some sort following the update procedure.

Thanks, and I really want to compliment you on your interest in listening to, and responding to your customers.

I purchased SAS today. Dropped you a brief note re: another suggestion which I understand was already under consideration for future versions.

Check for Updates

the screen appears, and I assume, if there are no updates, it simply closes and that's that.

Following in spysweeper's lead, when a manual update is requested, the program will indicate that the most current version is up to date, or d/l the most current version, or more importantly , let me know if there is a problem with a server being down, etc..

SAS would be improved if the program provided a notification of some sort following the update procedure.

Thanks, and I really want to compliment you on your interest in listening to, and responding to your customers.

Thanks for the suggestion - if you do the check for updates , it should tell you that there are no updates. Are you not seeing that screen?

Check for Updates

Thanks for the suggestion - if you do the check for updates , it should tell you that there are no updates. Are you not seeing that screen?

Thank you for the reply. When I check for updates, and apparently if there are none, the screen simply disappears. I am not seeing a screen indicating there are no updates.

Hi ch43racing

Which method of updating are you using ?

1)Taskbar icon>>>right click should show this message

sas1bk6.jpg

or

2) software main GUI=

sas2og5.jpg

fatdcuk:

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply. Your screenshots were enormously helpful.

It might help if I add that I am using SAS on a beta rc2 version of VISTA. I also run NOD32 (Eset) on this machine, and it updates just fine.

My files Core 318 and Trace 1192. I manually updated the program just now. My files are now Core 318 and Trace 1192.

However, when I right click and check for updates, a window pops up that says please wait and it closes and that's it. Nothing further. Maybe it's a VISTA thing!! As noted,

To recap, the left click update now works. The right click update off the taskbar does not.

Again, thanks for your insight.

Hi. A new Pro user. Don't wish to hj this thread, but it's related.

Has anyone suggested, or is it slated for addition, or does it exist and I just haven't found it ...

Provide update log capability. I'd like to know when SASP updates and what it updates.

Thanks.

Hi. A new Pro user. Don't wish to hj this thread, but it's related.

Has anyone suggested, or is it slated for addition, or does it exist and I just haven't found it ...

Provide update log capability. I'd like to know when SASP updates and what it updates.

Thanks.

Great suggestion - we have it on our "wish list" and may introduce that in a future version!