Sign in to follow this  
frankiethemole

Safeboot problem

When rebooting my computer in XP I have been unable to use safeboot(f8).I proceeded to repair windows from the installation disks but before doing so, I thought I'd try SuperAntiSypyware's safeboot feature and see if it could boot into safemode. Now unfortunately when my computer reboots and SuperAntispyware initializes a safeboot andI am stuck in a loop. It tries and fails then reboots. My question is how do I stop SuperAtispyware from attempting to safeboot before windows tries to load. I need to disable it from the recovery console but do not know the commands. Help!

When rebooting my computer in XP I have been unable to use safeboot(f8).I proceeded to repair windows from the installation disks but before doing so, I thought I'd try SuperAntiSypyware's safeboot feature and see if it could boot into safemode. Now unfortunately when my computer reboots and SuperAntispyware initializes a safeboot andI am stuck in a loop. It tries and fails then reboots. My question is how do I stop SuperAtispyware from attempting to safeboot before windows tries to load. I need to disable it from the recovery console but do not know the commands. Help!

From the command prompt copy boot.ini.sab to boot.ini