Sign in to follow this  
Jormungandr

Time Out Update Cancellation

Recently, I've been having problems with my DSL connection going offline. One of these times was when I was updating SAS Free Edition. When the DSL reconnect 15 minutes later, the SAS update didn't continue. I had to restart my computer to stop SAS. Would it be possible to program the update option to disconnect after not receiving data after maybe 10 minutes? I know Task Manager and Process Explorer are denied access as a anti-malware feature, so I can't stop it manually. So, a timed-out cancellation would be helpful, especially if the disconnection was due to malware. I would at least have access to SAS to deal with it.

Recently, I've been having problems with my DSL connection going offline. One of these times was when I was updating SAS Free Edition. When the DSL reconnect 15 minutes later, the SAS update didn't continue. I had to restart my computer to stop SAS. Would it be possible to program the update option to disconnect after not receiving data after maybe 10 minutes? I know Task Manager and Process Explorer are denied access as a anti-malware feature, so I can't stop it manually. So, a timed-out cancellation would be helpful, especially if the disconnection was due to malware. I would at least have access to SAS to deal with it.

Thank you for the suggestion - it will be placed on our wish-list!