HAN

Another real-time question

Does the real-time scanner use the signature updates? The reason I ask is because at home, I am on a very slow dialup connection. I only want to update the signatures prior to the occasional manual scan if possible. I'm hoping the real-time scanner would be unaffected by my desire to update only every once in a while.

BTW... I'm trialing SAS Pro at work and so far, I like it much better than a couple of other well known competitors. SAS Pro is MUCH leaner than they are. Something that does not go unnoticed...

Does the real-time scanner use the signature updates? The reason I ask is because at home, I am on a very slow dialup connection. I only want to update the signatures prior to the occasional manual scan if possible. I'm hoping the real-time scanner would be unaffected by my desire to update only every once in a while.

BTW... I'm trialing SAS Pro at work and so far, I like it much better than a couple of other well known competitors. SAS Pro is MUCH leaner than they are. Something that does not go unnoticed...

The real-time users the signature/definition database, yes, and also other techniques.