frufft

Securitytool Trojan

Hi,

I'm trying to get rid of the Securitytool trojan. I'm using the portable version of SAS in falesafe mode in Windows XP.

SAS is finding a lot of stuff and it seems that it is removing it. Then it prompts me to restart. When I have done that the Trojan is back.

After the reboot should I restart the PC in safemode?

Does anyone have any good idea how do get rid of this crap?

Thanks in advance!!

/Freddie

SAS is finding a lot of stuff and it seems that it is removing it. Then it prompts me to restart. When I have done that the Trojan is back.

There's a good chance that there may be an entry listed in your startup that executes the original file that infected you or there may be some other existing exe not deleted by SAS. If you go to this link and download a tool called autoruns, it will be in a zip file. Unzip the file and run the autoruns.exe while in safe mode. Once it's finished in the file menu click save. Choose a place on your hard drive you will remember where you saved it to later and change save as type to Text. Give it whatever name you would like and click Save. Post a reply and attach the text file you saved to the reply and I'll take a look to see if there is something still left behind and help you remove it.