sjfilek

Can not remove all spyware

Hello I have done the updates before the scan, and have done a complete scan. I click yes, to remove the spyware, adware, cookies, or any other malicious malware. When I reboot the computer and when it does a scan again it still shows the same adware, spyware and cookies, etc. I am running Windows 7, SuperAntispyware professional and I paid for the Lifetime Subscription. If someone has an answer please help. Thanks, Scott

check to see if you have the latest version of SAS installed..

if you are running an old version of SAS, that could be the problem..

if you already have the current version of SAS installed and you are experiencing the problem where it is not removing the malware that it flags, i think you should contact SAS's "support" so that they can run diagnostics on your computer, to see what the problem is..

I have my computer in the shop now for work because it kept locking up. Turned out I had 36 spyware found on my computer. I have the professional with lifetime subscription. I do the complete scan as stated by Scott and I had installed the new version as they recommended.

So, how on earth is SAS missing 36 different incidents of spyware that had not been quaranteed/removed?

I'm using my laptop now and hoping and praying it's not infected too.

Nedra

nedra, you need to get the specifics about what the supposed 36 "spywares" were that, supposedly, were missed by SAS..

the 36 "spywares" could have been nothing more than 36 third-party cookies, which you pick up every day when surfing the internet.. or, the tech guy could have been using some bogus program that falsely reported finding 36 "spywares" that didn't really exist.. or, you could have had a nasty rootkit infection, among other things.. we don't know..

since the computer has gone to the shop there is no way, now, to check out what the situation was.. all we know is that the guy at the shop said that there were 36 "spywares" on your computer..

i can unnderstand your wanting to get your computer fixed, sending it to the shop.. i, myself, am in a spastic mode when i have computer problems.. however, you could have tried contacting SAS's "support" and letting them run diagnostics on your computer, to see what the problem was..

in my opinion, it is not necessary to send a computer to the shop for software problems.. "reformatting" is pretty simple, and your computer manufacturer's "support" could have helped you with doing it if you felt like you needed help with it.. "reformatting" is time comsuming, but, still, it is time consuming whether you do it yourself or the guy at the shop does it..

nedra, you need to get the specifics about what the supposed 36 "spywares" were that, supposedly, were missed by SAS..

the 36 "spywares" could have been nothing more than 36 third-party cookies, which you pick up every day when surfing the internet.. or, the tech guy could have been using some bogus program that falsely reported finding 36 "spywares" that didn't really exist.. or, you could have had a nasty rootkit infection, among other things.. we don't know..

since the computer has gone to the shop there is no way, now, to check out what the situation was.. all we know is that the guy at the shop said that there were 36 "spywares" on your computer..

i can unnderstand your wanting to get your computer fixed, sending it to the shop.. i, myself, am in a spastic mode when i have computer problems.. however, you could have tried contacting SAS's "support" and letting them run diagnostics on your computer, to see what the problem was..

in my opinion, it is not necessary to send a computer to the shop for software problems.. "reformatting" is pretty simple, and your computer manufacturer's "support" could have helped you with doing it if you felt like you needed help with it.. "reformatting" is time comsuming, but, still, it is time consuming whether you do it yourself or the guy at the shop does it..

I was having major problems so it needed help. We had a service contract so it went to the shop. BTW, I did send SAS a support contact yesterday for my laptop which was also having problems but not as serious. I send the diagnostics to them and have yet to hear back. Since I need a computer for my business I do not have the luxury of having down time on 2 computers. The desktop was having big time slow downs and software crashing. As it turned out the tech said the virus' and spyware were only partially the problem. They did a system restore and since we were operating on Vista opted to install buy Windows 7 and upgrade while it was there.

Hopefully SAS will get back to me tomorrow regarding the condition of this laptop. I had hoped I would have gotten a response by now but I haven't. Hopefully I will get one tomorrow.

BTW, it was not cookies that they found but at that point exactly what the spyware was was a moot issue since they had to do a system restore.

Nedra