Sign in to follow this  
bru

2 issues, don't get update reminder and...

Using SAS Free. I do not get the update reminder when I open the program. I believe I have everything checked correct. I even set it to remind me in 1 day and didn't log on for two days and got nothing. I know something is not right because I have the program on my work computer and it has the same exact settings yet I get the reminder there. I do the updates but knowing that the reminder isn't working properly leads to me to wonder if there are other problems. Should I uninstall/reinstall? If so is add/remove programs sufficient or should I use Recuva or other? Thanks.

Oh and while I'm thinking of it I noticed that the first few times I ran the scan it told me something like "cleaning isn't finished until you reboot". I haven't been getting that message after my last several scans. Does it have to do with what it finds? I believe it's only found adware/tracking cookies so I don't think that is it. Seems weird that I needed to reboot to complete the cleaning process and now I don't. I think back to my above problem and wonder if there isn't something wrong with my SAS Free.

Using SAS Free. I do not get the update reminder when I open the program. I believe I have everything checked correct. I even set it to remind me in 1 day and didn't log on for two days and got nothing. I know something is not right because I have the program on my work computer and it has the same exact settings yet I get the reminder there. I do the updates but knowing that the reminder isn't working properly leads to me to wonder if there are other problems. Should I uninstall/reinstall? If so is add/remove programs sufficient or should I use Recuva or other? Thanks.

Oh and while I'm thinking of it I noticed that the first few times I ran the scan it told me something like "cleaning isn't finished until you reboot". I haven't been getting that message after my last several scans. Does it have to do with what it finds? I believe it's only found adware/tracking cookies so I don't think that is it. Seems weird that I needed to reboot to complete the cleaning process and now I don't. I think back to my above problem and wonder if there isn't something wrong with my SAS Free.

Try re-installing, make sure you are using version 4.41.1000 from our site.

I reinstalled and have the most current version yet I can't get the program to remind me about updates. Definitely a bug somewhere.

I know it is supposed to tell me, I've seen it on my work computer. Any ideas for me to get the notification to work?

I still am having the issue where the program will not remind me that definition updates are available. I know it should work. I see it everyday on my work computer.

At least it did tell me that there was a program update.

Does anyone have any ideas as what to do to resolve this?

I still am having the issue where the program will not remind me that definition updates are available. I know it should work. I see it everyday on my work computer.

I don't know if the Free version is different from the PRO version, but I do not get a reminder that updates are available. As soon at the cable network becomes available, SAS just goes ahead and downloads the updates. I can see it downloading the updates when SAS PRO starts up on a reboot via a Network Meter gadget that I have on my 2nd monitor. Program updates, however, do issue a reminder and require my acceptance before the update occurs.

Is the new version 4.43.1000 working properly for you?

If the tracking cookie or other file is "busy" or active when the scan finds it, then a reboot may be necessary to remove it.

We don't have a definition update reminder - if you are referring to the dialog that tells you that you haven't checked for definition updates in X days - that shows when you open the main scanner screen.

We don't have a definition update reminder - if you are referring to the dialog that tells you that you haven't checked for definition updates in X days - that shows when you open the main scanner screen.

Yes that is exactly what I am referring to. I called it an update reminder as it is supposed to remind me to check for definition updates.

Regardless of what it's called it is not working for me. When I open the program I get nothing, no dialog, no matter how long it's been since I last manually updated definitions (I have it checked for 1 day). It hasn't worked since I installed the program. I uninstalled/reinstalled and that did not help. I just updated to the new version and that did not help. Any ideas why it is not working for me? That tells me something is wrong somewhere as I have the exact same program at work and it gives me the dialog like it should. Thank you