Sign in to follow this  
demonluo

SAS update server down?

i right click on SAS system tray icon & click "check for update" but nothing happen, then i go to SAS main menu & click "check for update" & it say "There was an error trying to retrieve definitions. Make sure your firewall

is not blocking SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE from accessing the Internet." but i've already check my AV & other security software aren't blocking anything related to SAS so what happen, am i infected or something wrong w SAS update server?

i right click on SAS system tray icon & click "check for update" but nothing happen, then i go to SAS main menu & click "check for update" & it say "There was an error trying to retrieve definitions. Make sure your firewall

is not blocking SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE from accessing the Internet." but i've already check my AV & other security software aren't blocking anything related to SAS so what happen, am i infected or something wrong w SAS update server?

What version of SAS are you running? If it is not V4.41.1000, update to the newest version via www.superantispyware.com. The servers for my region are currently working. Try temporarily disabling your firewall and see if SAS will update. Make sure the firewall is not blocking SSUpdate.exe

What version of SAS are you running? If it is not V4.41.1000, update to the newest version via www.superantispyware.com. The servers for my region are currently working. Try temporarily disabling your firewall and see if SAS will update. Make sure the firewall is not blocking SSUpdate.exe

i'm using V4.41.1000, i already disabled FW but the samething happen...

See if you can run the SAS Online Scanner

https://www.superantispyware.com/onlinescan.html

yes, i can & the scanning result is just a few tracking cookies...

It states that the data on the physical disk will be lost, not the data on the virtual disk. Now, I'd be nervous if I where in your situation as well so I'd give dell a call. be sure you get someone who actually understands what you're doing and what hardware you're running, though.

irs compromise

Trading Testimonials

it seem okay, the online SAS scan just download/save to my temperary folder & then it just run like a normal SAS except it didn't save/install to other folder location like c:\program files or startmenu, anyway, i just found out why my SAS can't update coz after a "huge" windows update(just a few day ago), i didn't run IE8, not even once(coz i mainly use FF) & some how the "huge" windows update coz error to my IE8 & show me a connection error where it show the connect/offline notification window thing & after clicking the connect button, it load my homepage & then i try to run SAS update again & OMG it magically work... :)

btw, still have to thanks for both of ur suggestion, it make feel a bit less paranoid... :D

I had a similar issue after installing SAS. I could update AVG and I could update MBAM but I got an error message about the firewall could be blocking SAS from updating.

It may help to look at IEx settings under TOOLS > Internet Options > click on the CONNECTIONS tab and check LAN Settings.

For most users nothing should be checked. Specifically there should be no check for Use a Proxy server (I do seem to remember at one time that if you were using the free Zone Alarm and Avast! you needed to use the proxy feature for compatibility).

I know some malware programs like to use the proxy for redirection.

I hope this helps.