T.J.

No Right-Click Scan option

Hello Everyone,

I recently noticed that SAS Professional no longer appears as a menu choice when I right-click on a file. I verified that in "Scanner Options" that the item "Display scan option in Explorer context (right click) menu" is CHECKED. My system has SuperAntiSpyware Pro v4.41, Windows XP SP3, Internet Explorer 7.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

TJ

Hi TJ.

Either SAS is corrupt, or another program is blocking the context option.

I suggest re-installing SAS and see how that works out.

Hi TJ.

Either SAS is corrupt, or another program is blocking the context option.

I suggest re-installing SAS and see how that works out.

I guess I could try to use the "Repair" feature. After selecting "Preferences, then Repairs", do you know which item to select for this issue in the "System and Browser Repair Items" section?

Thanks!

I guess I could try to use the "Repair" feature. After selecting "Preferences, then Repairs", do you know which item to select for this issue in the "System and Browser Repair Items" section?

Thanks!

Do you have "Show SUPERAntiSpyware icon in system tray" unchecked? If so, checkmark this option and restart SAS. I think the icon has to be notification tray for the right click option to be present.

Do you have "Show SUPERAntiSpyware icon in system tray" unchecked? If so, checkmark this option and restart SAS. I think the icon has to be notification tray for the right click option to be present.

Problem is resolved!

Yes, the item "Show SUPERAntiSpyware icon in system tray" was already checked. I started to uninstall, then re-install, but when I went to add/remove programs, SAS was not even listed. Something must have gotten corrupted somewhere.

I resolved the issue by downloading the most recent version (which was the same as what I had been using) direct from SuperAntiSpyware.com. Next I installed the program, entered my serial number, downloaded the latest definitions, then all worked normal again after that.

Thanks to all who replied. I hope this helps someone in the future.

If you open up SAS, leave it open and then open up Windows Explorer then you can right click on a folder and the SAS choice will be there. If you shut down SAS and try the same folder you will not see the option in your right click dialog box so leave it open and you will be happy. Try it.