Probe

Wndows Explorer not responding

Hi,

For the last few months I find that, once a scan has successfully run, the task bar is frozen and I get a "Windows Explorer is not responding" message if I try clicking on it. I have no other application running other than background items such as Google Talk.

It's not a huge problem as I can just select "re-start" and that fixes it but it would be nice to fix this or verify the underlying problem is not a serious one.

I'm running Windows Vista 32 and also have AVG (free) installed.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Cheers

check to see if you are using the latest verion of SAS.. the latest build is 4.41.. if not, try uninstalling the version that you have and installing the latest version and see if that makes a difference.. otherwise, i don't know what the problem might be.. you could try contacting SAS's "support" and see if they can help by running some diagnostics on your computer..

Hi,

For the last few months I find that, once a scan has successfully run, the task bar is frozen and I get a "Windows Explorer is not responding" message if I try clicking on it. I have no other application running other than background items such as Google Talk.

It's not a huge problem as I can just select "re-start" and that fixes it but it would be nice to fix this or verify the underlying problem is not a serious one.

I'm running Windows Vista 32 and also have AVG (free) installed.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Cheers

You mention you have AVG but, do not state which scanner you are using when the issue occurs. The next time this occurs open task mgr and see if you can locate the process that might be causing the issue. You may also want to check event viewer (applications) to see if there may be a hint there.

Thanks for the comments, Guys.

Just to clarify, it's SAS that appears to be causing the problem. I only mentioned AVG in case there are any known conflicts.

The SAS version is 4.41.1

I'll see if there are any other apps running when this occurs and, if not, go down the re-install route.

- Clean all the junk and temp files from your disk. Freebie program CCleaner is good for this. Slim version at www.ccleaner.com

- Check the integrity of your hard drive(s) via CHKDSK. If you have multiple drives and partitions, run CHKDSK on all of them.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4967757_run-chkdsk-utility-vista.html

- Defrag your disk after you have run CHKDSK.

- Be sure that your hardware drivers are up-to-date, particularly your graphics card driver and network card driver.